ikea couch?

beachgirl

OK folks here is one for you, anyone fit an Ikea Klippan couch in their Mazda 5 (2010)? I want to do some research before I arrive at ikea (uhm)

OK folks here is one for you, anyone fit an Ikea Klippan couch in their Mazda 5 (2010)? I want to do some research before I arrive at ikea (uhm)
After many furniture trips to ikea with our 2006 Mazda5, we never had anything NOT fit. LOL...
Can a call to the 1-800 ikea number get you the dimensions of the box? Might have to use the metric system... (nana)

Metric no prob, I'm Canadian :) I looked at the measurements and I figure I should be able to get it in as long as I have no passengers. I got a loft bed in there last month :)

just thought I'd ask if anyone had experience with that particular model (it's a popular ikea item)

Last edited:
Step 1: Look up package dimensions on Ikea Website -
Width: 35 " (90 cm)
Height: 15 " (39 cm)
Length: 79 " (202 cm)
Weight: 88 lb 3 oz (40.00 kg)

Step 2: Measure your Mazda5 interior dimensions.

Step 3: Profit.

Pretty sure there isn't 79" in there unless the driver can remove his/her legs.

I think he's probably moved this by now but...

I bought some plywood from Home Depot yesterday, had them cut it up into certain dimensions that I needed for a little tree platform and climbing wall I was building for the kids. One of the pieces was 60" long, slid it in-between the middle seats and it needed to sit on the console between the front seats in order to fit. But I could see if you he flipped it sideways and layed the front seat all the way back and slid it in and ontop of the front seat, that might work. I did the same transporting some long ladders home a few months ago. (I really need a roof rack don't I..)

Back