Touch Up Paint for Soul Red Crystal

cmorgan92

:
1984 RX-7, 2017 CX-5
Got my 2017 CX-5 last week and already have two small chips on the drivers side door. Mazda does not have anything in stock in terms of touch up paint, what do you guys recommend I do in the mean time?

Pics or it didnt happen.

Pics and someone will be able to help you.
Your only big concern is rust untill the color pen arrives. If you still see Grey (Primer) you should be fine.

Wait until they get in stock for the new 2017 color, or there are aftermarket ONLINE touch up paint companies that sell each of the different layers of paint needed.

For instance my aftermarket kit I purchased for my color code of the Crystal WHITE PEARL is 4 separate bottles: PRIMER, BASE White, Pearl, Clearcoat.
(freak)

Last edited:
They are small, but I am OCD and I have only had the car for 6 days haha

IMG_4167.jpg

I'm assuming a rock of some sort. I typically park in the back of parking lots to not get dings

Wait until they get in stock for the new 2017 color, or there are aftermarket ONLINE touch up paint companies that sell each of the different layers of paint needed.

For instance my aftermarket kit I purchased for my color code of the Crystal WHITE PEARL is 4 separate bottles: PRIMER, BASE White, Pearl, Clearcoat.
(freak)

Did you get the Dr Colorchip kit?

I put in an inquiry with the new Soul Red paint code, was the paint a good match to your car?
I can not vouch for that yet, sorry....

I used the murphys law trick and bought the paint before I needed it... (knocks on wood)
(rolleyes)

Got my 2017 CX-5 last week and already have two small chips on the drivers side door. Mazda does not have anything in stock in terms of touch up paint, what do you guys recommend I do in the mean time?

Did Mazda tell you they don't do touch up paint or they don't have any in stock?

Because if they said no they don't, it's contrary to their USA brochure (see red arrow):

2hoyyxi.jpg

Last edited:
Soul Red paint code is 41V, automotivetouchup.com doesn't show it as available for the 2017 but does for 2016.

41V is 41V correct? so I should think you can buy it from the 2016 CX-5 page.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/mazda/2016/cx[dash]5/

Soul Red Crystal is 46V.

@Xeler8ing Mazda lists it as available, but when I tried to order through Med Center Mazda they said they wouldn't have it in stock until June.

Mazda lists 41V as the code for the touch up pen under 2017 CX-5 accessories, I wonder if that is a mistake or if the colors are close enough where it wouldn't matter for small touch ups.

Soul Red Crystal is 46V.

@Xeler8ing Mazda lists it as available, but when I tried to order through Med Center Mazda they said they wouldn't have it in stock until June.
Fair enough I guess. Model only recently released hence not everything is available now

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe ask Mazda who they would recommend for touch up paint, take the relevant code to them?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Hmm. Sounds like it's too new for them to have it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back