What P225/65/17 tires are best for CX-5 AWD?? (3 seasons)

So again, seems to be based on one Yokohama tire model in one usage scenario.

Hardly enough to make the blanket statement you continue to make.

It will just continue being a blanket statement until someone else tries and can back up what Im saying.

Ive tested:

Avid envigors on my 528i

Avid envigors and advan a83a on the Mazda 6
Pilot sport a/s3 on the Mazda 6 and also tested in the Acura. The mushelins did not offer the same steering response and wet traction as the equivalent Yokohama.

Stop feeding the trolls.

It's not worth arguing with ignorance.

Im the ignorant one for testing different tires and concluding that performance tires from a reputable OEM manufacturer are the best suited for this car?

So Im the ignorant one? Maybe you are. Not only do you refuse to believe other peoples ideas, but you wont try it yourself. So whos being ignorant?

It will just continue being a “blanket statement” until someone else tries and can back up what I’m saying.

I’ve tested:

Avid envigors on my 528i

Avid envigors and advan a83a on the Mazda 6
Pilot sport a/s3 on the Mazda 6 and also tested in the Acura. The mushelins did not offer the same steering response and wet traction as the equivalent Yokohama.

Right, so let's go back a couple of posts. Once again, you found Yokohamas which performed better than Michelins for that segment of tire in that usage scenario for what you wanted. That is all you did.

Now you are making grandiose claims that the entire Yokohama brand is therefore "tuned to Mazdas". This is as stupid as me claiming the entire Yokohama brand is s*** because of those god awful Geolandars that my Mazda came with.

(screwy)

Edit: But I digress. Between your 3 thread necros, this claim (with no data, just conjecture) there's clearly no intelligent discussion here.

Last edited:
I’m the ignorant one for testing different tires and concluding that performance tires from a reputable OEM manufacturer are the best suited for this car?

So I’m the ignorant one? Maybe you are. Not only do you refuse to believe other people’s ideas, but you won’t try it yourself. So who’s being ignorant?

You are making a grandiose claim, with no scientific backing, using your own limited experience that is nowhere near enough to come to conclusion you have, making claims that contradict official testings, and refuse to listen to common sense that tire manufactures do not tune their tires to specific car makes or models.

I'm done.

I'm about to need new tires for my AWD CX-5. (ie P225/65/17)

I only care about 3 seasons because I use dedicated winter tires. (ie Nokian Hakkapaleta R2 SUV which are fantastic)

What are 2-3 of the best tires for a CX-5 based on 3 season performance, good handling, low noise and PNW rain? I'm just curious if there's anything better then the stock Yokohama Geolanders.

TIA

Don't take anything anybody says here with too much weight. It's all opinion and unique perspective, it's very subjective, and nothing is scientific. Your opinion of quiet or noisy, or "good handling" / "bad handling" will be different from other's opinion/perspective on these same traits.

The only source I go to for solid tire advice, is TireRack.com
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testSearch.jsp

Given your question to look for the "best", I'd first suggest looking at Ultra-High Performance All-Season tire test comparisons.

After the sticker shock on the best here, you may be more flexible to the next lower catagories, High Performance All-Season, and then Grand Touring All-Season.

Then look at what actually comes in sizes for the truck and who your local tire shop will actually carry. Local tire shops, if you negotiate with them, frequently will match Tire Rack prices +shipping. Tire rack prices+shipping has always been a better prices than any local tire prices. The local tire shops have always grudgingly accepted to match Tire Rack in my frequent cases of buying tires for a sports car and sedans in California shops and sedans and trucks in Connecticut shops.

You are making a grandiose claim, with no scientific backing, using your own limited experience that is nowhere near enough to come to conclusion you have, making claims that contradict official testings, and refuse to listen to common sense that tire manufactures do not tune their tires to specific car makes or models.

I'm done.

Agreed.
(except, only on the very rare occasion do tire manufactures build tires specific for a car. These cars are usually very expensive or very unique and the tires are corner specific. Examples would be the factory tires on the '93 Acura NSX, Bugatti Vehron. As expected, these unique tires are much more expensive than other tires of the same size. I also see the case with electric cars and hybrids. These tires are optimized for better gas milage than any traditional tires. What comes frome the factory when the car is built, is usually the best tire you can get in these cases, until some years down the road when competitor tire manufacturers come up with better rubber than OEM rubber.
The CX-5 is not a unique size tire and other car models have this size too. There will be nothing unique to the CX-5 design. I confidently predict there are ones better than OEM.)

Last edited:
Just make sure your tires aren't tuned to the key of B-flat!

Apologies in advance for this pun but I couldn't resist.

Back