Unlimited Paintless Dent Repair for $595?

Good point and Colorado isn't the only person this happened to. A good reputable dent repair company which is mobile is the way to go...... or if you can take a class and learn how to DIY with professional tools. A decent side gig I heard.
Yeah I'm still salty about it since it was last week.

Taught me to not count on any free deals from dealers anymore because for all you know they go out of business, or sell off to another dealer and then you get screwed over when they won't honor it anymore. Hell count in service you do pay for like this unlimited PDR.

Also great idea...I should learn how to do this PDR since I'm going to learn how to change my own oil.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
PDR can't fix some door dings if the paint gets scratched.

Finally happened to me! Strong gusts today sent an empty shopping cart (abandoned in the sidewalk) flying towards my car which was parked by the curb. I was inside waiting for my wife. Worst part: as usual I tried to leave some 8-12" from the curb to save the wheels, but the gap was wide enough for the cart to fall off the sidewalk, hitting my car harder than otherwise, while traveling its last 3 inches or so. It left behind a shallow but very visible v-groove (about 3 inches long) on both the passenger door and the second row door behind it (caused by the front and rear corners of the cart, respectively).

I tried to take pictures but they're not showing, as it's tricky to get the lighting right. But these are quite visible to my eyes!

Since these are not the typical "circular" dents, but long grooves instead, do you think PDR will work? BTW the paint seems fine, quite surprisingly. There is debate in another thread on whether Mazda paint is thin, but I'm now wondering the door metal sheet is thinner than I've hoped. I then performed a "thumb test" on four doors. Conclusion: indeed quite flimsy, didn't even have to press too hard.

Only one way to know if PDR is a viable option. Visit 2-3 shops with good reputations and see what they say. You may be surprised. My last Miata suffered a pretty bad shopping cart dent on the L/F fender and the shop I use was able to get 95% of it out.

Only one way to know if PDR is a viable option. Visit 2-3 shops with good reputations and see what they say. You may be surprised. My last Miata suffered a pretty bad shopping cart dent on the L/F fender and the shop I use was able to get 95% of it out.

Thanks! That's encouraging.

Back