Unlimited Paintless Dent Repair for $595?

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
While I believe most of the optional agreements dealers offer are a total ripoff, I may be inclined to do the Paintless Dent Repair Service Agreement they offered me. Unlimited paintless dent repair for 5 years for $595 for dents and dings less than 4" in diameter. What are you guys' thoughts? Keep in mind I'm really not much of a DIY-er. The thought of not having to worry about all the little dings and dents the car is sure to get is quite appealing. I live in an apartment complex and as such, have no choice but to park next to inconsiderate people who don't care about their car or mine.

Would I be likely to spend $595 fixing every minor dent and ding for the next 5 years if I decline the service agreement? I have no clue how much these repairs cost because I've never owned a new car before and therefore have never been inclined to pursue such repairs. Your opinions are very much appreciated!

Hmmm, that could be tempting...

A PDR repair typically does not get over ~$150 for a single panel. My experience in dealing with PDR several times, as well as friends and family, has shown me that the average cost for PDR is ~$50 travel and ~$50 a dent. So to repair a fender with a 1 dent/ding and a door with 2 dings, you could pay $200 to repair those 3 dings/dents.

The one here charges $60-75 bucks, so in reality, you'd have to use it 8-10x to justify the $595 upfront cost. I'd pass on the offer, but then again, I pass on all the dealer extras offered...

While I believe most of the optional agreements dealers offer are a total ripoff, I may be inclined to do the Paintless Dent Repair Service Agreement they offered me. Unlimited paintless dent repair for 5 years for $595 for dents and dings less than 4" in diameter. What are you guys' thoughts? Keep in mind I'm really not much of a DIY-er. The thought of not having to worry about all the little dings and dents the car is sure to get is quite appealing. I live in an apartment complex and as such, have no choice but to park next to inconsiderate people who don't care about their car or mine.

Would I be likely to spend $595 fixing every minor dent and ding for the next 5 years if I decline the service agreement? I have no clue how much these repairs cost because I've never owned a new car before and therefore have never been inclined to pursue such repairs. Your opinions are very much appreciated!

PDR is useful in two cases
1. If you get hail damage
2. If an Elephant hits your car. (Replace Elephant with suitable animal)

If you have animals near your house maybe its worth it, but when you get a ding - and coat of color is stripped, PDR will offer you free water and coffee. $595 for water and coffee is expensive I think.

In short dont confuse Dent with Ding.
Btw someone on a windy day hit my car, my two estimates so far $750 and $972 they have to remove the doors, fix the dent and re color it.

The one here charges $60-75 bucks, so in reality, you'd have to use it 8-10x to justify the $595 upfront cost. I'd pass on the offer, but then again, I pass on all the dealer extras offered...

OP is referring to dings? I'd probably pass. Most repair experts I've talked to usually discount multiple dings. (example= 3 dings repaired for the price of 2).

OP is referring to dings? I'd probably pass. Most repair experts I've talked to usually discount multiple dings. (example= 3 dings repaired for the price of 2).

Lots of variables here, but hopefully that gives you some ideas Iheartpitbull!

OP stated that $595 covered dings and dents up to 4 inches in diameter. As KAPS said, some dents/dings need paint repair also, and this will not cover painting, but that's why it is called PDR.

No probably to it, pass on everything the dealer offers, except for free oil changes and tire rotations, and even those are misleading most of the time. Lol

No probably to it, pass on everything the dealer offers, except for free oil changes and tire rotations, and even those are misleading most of the time. Lol

Free oil changes for life, "as long as the suggested maintenance is completed on time at the dealership"

Thanks everyone! Yeah the fact that they won't fix anything that has affected the paint at all kind of rules out a lot of potential damage. I looked at all the dings on my boyfriend's 3-year-old car and there are very few that would qualify under the terms of the agreement, so I think I'll pass. I really appreciate the advice.

Thanks everyone! Yeah the fact that they won't fix anything that has affected the paint at all kind of rules out a lot of potential damage. I looked at all the dings on my boyfriend's 3-year-old car and there are very few that would qualify under the terms of the agreement, so I think I'll pass. I really appreciate the advice.

I'd personally take that $500-$600 and use it towards 3M paint protection film for the front bumper and headlights. Hood and fenders.

Try to hunt down illuminated wing for 16.5 CX-5, its hard but you can. Bring it home and get a dealer install it or you can too.
Cost is $440. But when you take that baby for a night stroll - BiMMers will be shitting their pants in embarrassment

I would guess less than 100 CX-5s in NA have that.

I'd personally take that $500-$600 and use it towards 3M paint protection film for the front bumper and headlights. Hood and fenders.

I'd agree this is a way better option, however, I'd opt for the XPel over the 3M product. Keep in mind, the installer is just as important as the product, so make sure they're very reputable if you go that route...

Unlimited 5-year PDR for $595? I wouldn't take it if I were living in NorCal, but I would definitely take it if any dealer here dare to offer such service in North Texas (hail)! PDR can't fix some door dings if the paint gets scratched.

Unlimited 5-year PDR for $595? I wouldn't take it if I were living in NorCal, but I would definitely take it if any dealer here dare to offer such service in North Texas (hail)! PDR can't fix some door dings if the paint gets scratched.
LOL! I immediately thought of you yrwei52 when I saw this offer!

The dealer I bought my CX-5 at got bought out and the new owners won't honor the lifetime free oil changes.

So yeah...

The dealer I bought my CX-5 at got bought out and the new owners won't honor the lifetime free oil changes.

So yeah...
Yep, that's why my cars never go back to the dealer after buying. Heck, I am even hesitant to take them back for a recall. Just another chance for them to tell me I need something and try to persuade me to their endless gimmicks...

LOL! I immediately thought of you yrwei52 when I saw this offer!
Yeah, I don't think any dealer here would offer this! Otherwise I'd insist PDR all hail dents my CX-5 suffered on the other night so that I can keep factory paint! Now looks like the insurance will pay for new hood、roof and re-paint them as there're too many hail dents to PDR them! :(

So yeah...

Funny, same thing happened with the dealer I bought my first CX-5 from. 3 months into ownership, new owner at the dealer won't honor the oil changes when I call to set up appointment. I just purchased my 2017 from them, and they tried to tack on a special package that gave me lifetime oil changes and nitrogen in the tires for around $800. I politely explained my previous situation and told them I was not paying for any of that and they could vent their nitrogen and give me free local air. He agreed, but said they would leave the nitrogen. I get home and check my air pressure and it is close to 50 psi in every tire. Pretty sure I still had the factory fill air and nitrogen was never used. Just 4 quick green valve caps is the easiest money some dealers ever make.

So yeah...

Good point and Colorado isn't the only person this happened to. A good reputable dent repair company which is mobile is the way to go...... or if you can take a class and learn how to DIY with professional tools. A decent side gig I heard.

Back