2017 test drive CX-5 vs CR-V

Admittedly I didn't think to look into the settings when I was playing with the infotainment system. Good to know that you can zoom in and out.

Another thing to note for the CX-5 is in the reverse camera, you can adjust brightness, contrast, colour settings etc

I was at the same event, and really found the 2017 CX-5 to be a bigger upgrade than I expected. (I drive a 2014.5 GT w/ Tech).

The GS 2017 handled the skid pad really well, and had great control through the speed bumps and potholes. The CRV was pretty brutal through all of that, but mostly fine in the slalom. I was pretty surprised by how the 2016 GT did on the same course. It wasn't as bad as the CRV, but I definitely noticed the refinement with the 2017.

The quieter ride cabin was noticeable, as was the design, fit and finish inside. I spent some time in the 2017 GT later, and it really felt like a step up from my 2014.

The two laps in the Miata were also a blast. I wouldn't call myself a car enthusiast, but this event was lots of fun, and enlightening.

These kinds of events bother me. Why? Tire pressure. It doesn't take but a few PSI to change a vehicle's whole personality. Even if no foul-play was in evidence or intended, it's still an issue. My Corvette was delivered with 39psi in one or two tires. It rode crazy rough until I let what amounts to almost 25% of the air pressure out...

185? At the risk of foolios trying to say I have buyers's remorse or whatnot, our 155hp FWD 2.0 powered auto CX-5 is down there on the totem pole of CX-5 0-60 times. We're going to enjoy driving this thing until gen3's come out!!

I don't always do 0-60 runs in under 5 seconds....and when I don't I prefer to drive Mazdas. Enjoy the drive my friends.

Other than a turbo or a motor-swap, you're not getting that little squirt to do anything of the sort, lol! Miatas are slow AF and have a very low performance envelope with feed-back Ray Charles can see coming with their rolly-poly bodies and skinny tires.

That's why they are fun. You can have a helluva time without even breaking the speed-limit, tires are cheap, and they are durable. hence how popular they are at autox.l

Back