2017 CX-5 Wipers

I don’t get the issue here. Haven’t replacement wipers for the 2017 hit the aftermarket? I just bought some on Monday.

I went to Walmart looked up the Wipers in the new book that was current enough to have 2018 models and I bought replacement Bosch wipers

I went to Walmart looked up the Wipers in the new book that was current enough to have 2018 models and I bought replacement Bosch wipers

That will take a lot longer to happen here in the UK because the aerofoils on the blades are handed so we have to have a right hand drive version. I believe the blades are a cost saving measure and I’ll show some evidence of that comment later.

My friend's Porche Macan S was a real problem w.r.t. wipers when he bought it - new. He had called up Valeo who make really good wipers and they helped him out. Might try that approach.

Isn’t it cheaper just to buy OEM wipers? At some point it gets ridiculous. Considering custom alternatives?

Yes of course it’s cheaper but the 2017 Denso blades are nowhere near as good as those Denso’s used up to 2016. It’s too cold out there for a soft islander but I will do some comparative shots asap.

This is what the 2018 wiper manual at Walmart say fits. 18” & 24”

1e0a00e89c5b072a87f1b01b690b84a0.jpg

6dc0d71ee6ec9da31556c5c26ba08078.jpg

Last edited:
has MZ stopped the wiper inserts, like the ones I have (bought 10 of them, per side) for my 2016 from MedCenter sometime back?

Tried those blades before. Gotta say they stunk in the snow.

I don’t know what to expect, but if it’s a matter of durability then just buy a couple sets?

Is this a matter of refusing to go to the dealer?

I don’t get it. Alternatives are out there

Back