2017 CX-5 Wipers

Just bought these at Walmart ($10.84 each, Chicago suburbs) and they attach with the included adapters.

A comes off, B/C goes on, then C comes off.

A bit of a pain to get on the arm correctly and they don't look as clean when installed, but they feel solid and actually wiped the glass clean on a quick test wipe.
f4e920b07ce39c46b0355156d619dc5e.jpg

Photos of them installed please (uhm)

Photos of them installed please (uhm)
I'll get them in daylight, still thawing after putting them on in -10 wind-chill.
This would mean that the Mazda wipers are not sole proprietor but just a less common or newer design.
Ford has had a push button arm on many vehicles. Not sure if it's the same narrow one as Mazda, but Rain-X has a line of wipers that should work as well. I just wasn't going to spend $20 each for something that might not work.

I'll get them in daylight, still thawing after putting them on in -10 wind-chill.Ford has had a push button arm on many vehicles. Not sure if it's the same narrow one as Mazda, but Rain-X has a line of wipers that should work as well. I just wasn't going to spend $20 each for something that might not work.

I’ll have to look at mine closely. The only thing I’ve done to them is the cleaning I mentioned earlier. I’ve owned vehicles with push button arm but I can’t remember if it was Mitsu or Toyota.

I’ve tried all sorts of aftermarket wipers but none are as good as the Denso Hybrid wipers that were on the 2016 and earlier. I’d like to see where thewiper blades sit on the 2017 that had the arms changed please.

Can someone post or point to a picture of the stock wiper/arm interaction? I couldn't fine one easily in a Google search.

Can someone post or point to a picture of the stock wiper/arm interaction? I couldn't fine one easily in a Google search.
Same new Mazda CX-5 wiper blade proprietary connector but its from a 2016 CX-9:

attachment.php

attachment.php

It’s another Denso arrangement but there’s too much headache in the fitting and they shimmy and clunk. One of the few things I’d change if I could re spec my car.

Sorry for the delay, had to wait for the weather to warm up a bit. The blades sit perfectly over the heating elements, but personally I feel that the heaters may be part of the problem. Saying that, absolutely no probs with the 15 arms and Bosch Icon blades.

Sorry for the delay, had to wait for the weather to warm up a bit. The blades sit perfectly over the heating elements, but personally I feel that the heaters may be part of the problem. Saying that, absolutely no probs with the ‘15 arms and Bosch Icon blades.

You mean the de-icer is causing the issue of poor wiping during snow (uhm)

The wipers that came on my 2017 cx-5 just suck, I had the dealership switch the arms to 2015/6 spec, and they fitted Bosch Icons (my winter blade of choice) and they work just fine.

Well your idea of just fine and mine might be somewhat different so without the photos youve been asked for several times, mine are staying as they are. Id rather have J hook ends welded on my arms than arms that are clearly not right.

Back