Choosing between 3.0 and 2.3L ('06/'08) Mazda 6 Models

SkepTones

:
2002 Mazda Proteg5 5spd
Hello Mazdas247 members, its been a while since I've been on the forums here! But I would really like some thoughts on some Mazdas I'm looking at to possibly purchase. I'm looking at 2 Mazda 6 sport sedans right now. One is a 2006 Mazda 6s with the 3.0 V6 and a 5 speed transmission, with only 92k on the odometer. Looks really nice to me, I love the body style and the fact that its a 5 speed. On the other hand I am also considering a different variation of the same type of Mazda 6, but this one is a 2008 Mazda 6 i sports grand touring, with the 2.3L 4cyl and an AUTO transmission, 105k on the odometer. Really like the fact that its a 4cylinder and the loaded GT model, but not a fan of the auto trans.

So my questions are mainly about the reliability of these different models. How reliable is the 3.0 V6 with manual transmission? Anything Major that needs worked on around 92k Miles on these engines? What about the 4cyl, is it the more reliable choice of the 2 and how does that auto transmission hold up over time>? As the miles climb over years of ownership, what maintenance typically comes up on either of these engines that could possibly be an expensive repair? Looking to keep one of these low mileage Mazdas around for a long time if I do get one.

Heres the links to the Mazdas I'm looking at:

2008 Mazda6 i Sports Sedan Grand Touring- http://www.z-importsinc.com/2008-Mazda-MAZDA6/Used-Car/Indianapolis-IN/8944441/Details.aspx

2006 Mazda6 S 5spd- http://www.z-importsinc.com/2006-Mazda-MAZDA6/Used-Car/Indianapolis-IN/8503322/Details.aspx

So to sum it up, I'm looking at 2 similar yet different Mazda 6 models, just wondering which one that you guys at Mazdas247 would recommend for the long run. And I would like to know any typical problems or reasons why I would want to AVOID getting either of these. They both look really nice to me and I've owned a Mazda before which was one of my favorite cars I've ever had. Any help and advice I could get on this situation would be really great, thanks in advance!!

Back