2017 CX-5 Flexible Oil Life Monitor Question

PVQ

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD w Premium, Soul Red Crystal

Greetings All:

To those of you with the 2017 CX-5 that are using the Flexible oil life setting, can you tell me if your app is displaying oil life in mileage or as a percentage of oil life remaining? I have the reminder set to flexible but its still showing 7000 miles to the next change. I assumed it should be represented as a percentage of life remaining in the flexible setting.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

On second thought there may be a way to set it to miles. I don't remember ever seeing that option when I set mine but it might be there. They could easily calculate miles as opposed to percentage. What does the manual say?

According to 2017 CX-5 Owner's Manual:

Vehicles using Engine Oil Flexible Maintenance
Engine Oil Flexible Maintenance is selected by default for U.S.A. and Puerto Rico residents.
I thought you don't need to change the settings in Maintenance Monitor.

The manual seems to indicate flexible maintenance interval on oil life would show km or mile but it mentioned percentage in reset procedure like 2016 CX-5. Besides you should get 7,500 miles after the reset, not 7,000 miles according to Schedule 1 Engine Oil Flexible Maintenance Interval. 2nd-gen CX-9 seems to have different way to display flexible maintenance with miles instead of percentage. Not sure if 2nd-gen CX-5 follows suit and made the change.

Hope some 2017 CX-5 owner's can chime in for their experience.

attachment.php

IMG_9930.PNG

I still only have 100 miles on car. im gonna reset everything and see what happens. Currently I am set to Scheduled - Off , Tire rotation - on, Oil Change - Flexible but the oil change screen is showing 7000 miles. I’m gonna reset, turn everything on and put oil change to flexible...

OK...definitely expressed in miles....very strange

Last edited:
Back