Car Buying War Story

If I verbally agree to a Jet Black CX-5 GT with Sunroof package and Tech Package and it shows up without Tech Package... I certainly do NOT need an anti-Bush (love the term, btw) written agreement like that to walk away...

If I verbally agree to a Jet Black CX-5 GT with Sunroof package and Tech Package and it shows up without Tech Package... I certainly do NOT need an anti-Bush (love the term, btw) written agreement like that to walk away...

Exactly. Crazy to think otherwise...

Exactly. Crazy to think otherwise...
I took it not as a real "Contractual" agreement, but merely an upfront statement by you, to let them know, to save their time and energy, because if vehicle is NOT delivered as agreed on, you will walk away. No games or more negotiations period!

LOL! Common sense is not applicable to stealerships!

A lot can happen while you are waiting for 4 months...

Here is just a few of the things I have seen/heard... with NEW CARS...

Stealership tries to:

deliver under equipped car
deliver a damaged car with current scratches, dings etc.
deliver a previously repaired car that was damaged on a test drive, fell off transporter, vandalized, etc...
deliver a previously delivered car that customer had to turn back in when funding for the sales contract failed
deliver a dealer trade from another dealer that was used as a dealership vehicle for a period

Last edited:
I took it not as a real "Contractual" agreement, but merely an upfront statement by you, to let them know, to save their time and energy, because if vehicle is NOT delivered as agreed on, you will walk away. No games or more negotiations period!

And just as stated, that's common sense, or a duh moment...

To those who said dealer maybe out of all those accessories, even better option:
Promise to install during 6000 mile service.
You win a customer and service for few years to come. keep selling them air filters every 5 months though.

To those who said dealer maybe out of all those accessories, even better option:
Promise to install during 6000 mile service.
You win a customer and service for few years to come. keep selling them air filters every 5 months though.

This has to be in writing of course

Back