MSII install on P5 with a FS-ZE...anyone?

Quiksilverly

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I have an FS-ZE in my P5 running on the old FS-DE ECU. I have vampired all the inputs I need for the MSII I built. I have set everything up on the MSII as explained for the FS-DE engine but now it's time to make the change over to the MSII and I wanted to see if anyone else had a map for running the FS-ZE with MSII. I hear soooooooo many people on here say " sure, you can run the FS-ZE in your P5 with stock ECU/MP3 ECU but it won't run to it's full potential without the original ECU which would require a rewire of the body harness OR........!!!!!!!!Running standalone engine management." So here I am, with Engine management installed but not running fuel and spark yet because I need a map to start with. Someone has to have done this to get an NA 170hp P5 at some point right, I can't be the first. Anyone know of it being done with MSII yet?

I have an FS-ZE in my P5 running on the old FS-DE ECU. I have vampired all the inputs I need for the MSII I built. I have set everything up on the MSII as explained for the FS-DE engine but now it's time to make the change over to the MSII and I wanted to see if anyone else had a map for running the FS-ZE with MSII. I hear soooooooo many people on here say " sure, you can run the FS-ZE in your P5 with stock ECU/MP3 ECU but it won't run to it's full potential without the original ECU which would require a rewire of the body harness OR........!!!!!!!!Running standalone engine management." So here I am, with Engine management installed but not running fuel and spark yet because I need a map to start with. Someone has to have done this to get an NA 170hp P5 at some point right, I can't be the first. Anyone know of it being done with MSII yet?

I would almost bet that you are.

There have been a few guys sniffing around, but none that have actually brought anything to fruition to my knowledge.

I'm sure somebody has done base maps for the MSP with MSII, they won't be right, but they should be close enough to get you running.

I'm not sure if there is anyone left on this forum with a mega squirt on a Protege. Have you tried to contact the manufacturer to see if they can provide any insight?

I would almost bet that you are.

There have been a few guys sniffing around, but none that have actually brought anything to fruition to my knowledge.

I'm sure somebody has done base maps for the MSP with MSII, they won't be right, but they should be close enough to get you running.

Yeah, that's what I am learning the more I read on setting up the MSII. If I just get it running the paid version of the tuner software has "analyze" features built in now that can take you from a base map to more efficient points with real-time analysis. I am piggy backed right now and have only to steal the spark wires (2) and squirt wires (2) from the stock ecu that is currently running the car. I feel like I can figure it out now but the just so many questions left to answer. These pistons are higher compression and I know it's probably a simple answer but I'm not sure what that translates to in fuel/timing etc....what changes will make the most of this high compression etc. The valve overlap is like 10.5 deg verses 3 or so on the DE. Not sure how that translates either. Spark dwell?, injector duratio/dwell...? Fuel pressure???? So anyway, I will work on it some tonight and if I get it running of the MSII and I can drive it to a dyno, I will get it tuned. I will share that map on every mazda forum know to man so this doesn't have to be a mystery anymore lol. I've seen so many questions and no answers. I think most people who go MSII are turbo applications and aren't interested in building an MSII low budget JDM FS-ZE...but if there are those out there...I'm bout to do it so stay tuned.

FS-ZE................$750
MSII w/ cable.....$350
APSX wideband...$150
Everything else???? STOCK

I will run everything but spark and fuel using the stock ECU. I may switch the IAC control over to MSII if the DE ECU has issues w/ the ZE feed back controlling the Idle.

Back