Key Fob doesn't work when vehicle turned on

Vancouver_MTB

:
2017 CX-9 GS-L
I have a 2017 CX-9. One thing I find annoying is that you can't use the key fob to unlock doors, open trunk, etc. when the vehicle is turned on. Is this standard for vehicles with the push button start? Many times I have gotten out of the car while it's still running to grab something from the trunk, only to have to go back in the car to hit the trunk button on the left side of the steering wheel. Seems annoying to me.

I have a 2017 CX-9. One thing I find annoying is that you can't use the key fob to unlock doors, open trunk, etc. when the vehicle is turned on. Is this standard for vehicles with the push button start? Many times I have gotten out of the car while it's still running to grab something from the trunk, only to have to go back in the car to hit the trunk button on the left side of the steering wheel. Seems annoying to me.

I believe that is the case and possibly due to safety reasons...you can still open the trunk from the back by hitting the trunk switch even if engine is on idle aside from the switch on the lower dash. Personally I rarely use the keyfob to lock/unlock or open tailgate anyways so I don't get annoyed...

Ive owned 5 cars with remote entry and none of them have worked with the vehicle running except for the tailgate release in my F150.

Back