Resonator delete?

:
Mazda Protege5
Hello, I have a 2003 Mazda P5 that I just put the OBX axle back exhaust on. It does sound better than the stock muffler, but I was wondering if I can get a letter deeper sound with out the resonator? Is there any problems with removing it? Will it make the exhaust have a little deeper aggressive sound? I went with the OBX because of cost, it looked nice. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!

Removing the resonator will basically make it a straight pipe, which will be raspy and ricey, probably not much better than what you have now.

I had just a Mazdaspeed axleback with resonator delete and it sounded amazing. Then added a header and it sounded horrible. I would recommend deleting it as long as you don't have or plan to have a header.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ban-Hammer, actually it's not ricey sounding at all! It is REALLY not much of a change from the factory muffler I took off. That's why I was wondering about the resonator. An I thank you for the info, because that rice-rocket sound is what I want to avoid! Jackie chan, thank you also for the advice, no I won't be adding a header.

IIikebikes, yes that is the one.....$131 plus shipping, $171 total.

I thought about snagging one of those, but part of the ad says "free shipping" then they charge you 30 to ship, which irritates me. Plus I am not sure if it will fit with the hitch I just installed for my bike rack.

Resonator delete won't make it deeper, changing the muffler or adding a turbo will do that though. A header is one of the few mods that will actually add power to an N/A FSDE, FWIW.

Back