Who plans to own their CX-5 at least 10 years or more?

that's our plan. We had a Subaru Impreza for the last 10 years and now that we're expanding our family the extra space will be nice with the upcoming changes.

Ok... I know I have asked this before but got lazy and didn't want to resurrect an ancient thread.

Who else plans to keep their CX-5 for at least a decade?

I plan to keep mine at least 10 years or more.

I hope to. It's a very utilitarian piece of equipment.

2025-2027 is when I hope to buy my next vehicle as long as this one does well... imagine what will be the norm by then!?!

Nope. Incentives for new cars, combined with crazy road tax increases for vehicles older than 3 years, and the fact that we move from country to country too much, make ten year ownership for us highly unlikely. If we are still in Japan, a 2020 isn't that far fetched for us.

Got our 2014.5 CX-5 GT at March 2014.

Now: 62.000 Kms.

We want to trade it for the new 2017 CX-5 GT on July-August, when arrives in the country. Before that, a final roadtrip winter vacation to South Chile is planned, so we are selling it with aprox. 67-68.000 Kms (3 years and 4 months).

Many new features on the 2017 from the 2014.5 to consider, even MZD Connect.

Got our 2014.5 CX-5 GT at March 2014.

Now: 62.000 Kms.

We want to trade it for the new 2017 CX-5 GT on July-August, when arrives in the country. Before that, a final roadtrip winter vacation to South Chile is planned, so we are selling it with aprox. 67-68.000 Kms (3 years and 4 months).

I'm still amazed at how little people drive their vehicles on this forum.

I'm still amazed at how little people drive their vehicles on this forum.

Some folks have more than one vehicle so the mileage gets spread out a bit.

I myself plan on keeping the CX-5 for as long as possible. I don't know what the car's plan is, it's not sharing that info with me...

And you beat me by having about 15 years of Japanese made oil filter supply ⋯ :)

Well not quite. Wife's car is a 2016 Mazda 6 GT that uses the same filter and is also hopefully a 10+ year car, so we have a 7.5 year supply at 2 changes per year.

As if that wasn't enough of a commitment, I found someone selling a full CX-5 OEM parchment leather interior for very little money. He had custom leather installed from new and kept the original interior nicely stored. So when my seats get old and worn, which they will eventually despite an OCD cleaning regimen, it'll only cost around $500 to have brand new leather installed (cabpatch)

Ok, lets here how many miles you have on your car since you purchased it.

2016.5 Grand Touring- bought Sept. 23rd 2016. (8 months ago) - Just got the first oil Chang at 5,045 miles.

So over the course of a month including the weekends 5,045 divided by 8 months = 630.6 per month; divided by 30.5 days in an average month = 20.6 miles per day...

**This is the only vehicle we own.

Last edited:
2013 CX5 GT - bought new in 2012. Previously I had a 2002 Maxima SE bought new in 2001. We keep our cars 10+ years and in the past have bought new.

We bought a 2000 Ford Taurus wagon in 2008 which has held up really well, so I'm totally rethinking used cars. The Taurus had 90k miles on it when we bought it and now has 148k (we use it about 5k per year).

Me. Bought in 2013 and $450 away from being payed off.

I'll keep it and drive it till it's dead and done.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This might possibly be my last car because I am in my early 50's. And since I kept my last mazda 25 years, doing the math that puts me in my late 70's.
The only reason I see for replacing this one is if it gets into an accident. Another reason for not wanting a new car is no more manual transmission in the new CX-5's. I would have to get some other model, and who knows how long the will be offered.
If they substantially increase efficiency with the Skyactive 2, that might sway me to a new car, But still want a manual transmission.

I'd like to visit your country sometime. I've never visited any countries in SA and only been as far south as Panama while I was in Central America.

Before that, a final roadtrip winter vacation to South Chile is planned, so we are selling it with aprox. 67-68.000 Kms (3 years and 4 months).

I didn't feel the need to go auto until I reached 60.

This might possibly be my last car because I am in my early 50's. And since I kept my last mazda 25 years, doing the math that puts me in my late 70's.
The only reason I see for replacing this one is if it gets into an accident. Another reason for not wanting a new car is no more manual transmission in the new CX-5's. I would have to get some other model, and who knows how long the will be offered.
If they substantially increase efficiency with the Skyactive 2, that might sway me to a new car, But still want a manual transmission.

The plan is to keep it for 7~8 years and then replace it. 3~4 years to go.

Plan to keep it up to 9 years (length of extended warranty), unless my youngest daughter needs it before then. Kept my last car 9 3/4 years (VW Eos with 10 year warranty).

Back