Cx5 acceleration

Paulm20000

:
Cx5
Hi I've got a 2013 2.2 150bhp cx5 sport (uk). Havent had it long. When accelerating more heavily like when entering a faster road, it is noticeable that as revs rise through 2.5k+ rpm there is a massive flatspot/turbo lag where car isn't accelerating very quickly at all. Lasts few seconds and them seems to go again as revs get higher. Wondered initially if it was dpf regen but keeps happening. Then seems flat again high up in revs as though computer stopping it going higher in revs . Not sure if this is normal for them or if I need to have changed gear earlier than 2.5k revs but would have thought that I shouldn't feel as though there is little power there. No codes or lights. Is this normal for them? Am I driving it wrong? Thanks for help!

You might want to have a knowledgeable mechanic check it out first before messing with the ecu.

You might want to have a knowledgeable mechanic check it out first before messing with the ecu.
+1. You should make sure there are no problems before you start with any mods.

Has anyone got any help with my original post please as thread seems to have gone on to remaps and this isn't the issue I've got. Any help gratefully received please. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You really need to plug it into a computer so see if there is any fault codes coming up, I have had something similar on a renault I had a few years back, found out the egr valve was sticking, also check out maf sensors etc

Latest posts

Back