2017 CX-5 owners with LED fogs .... how bright and effective are they ?

The thing I like best about the CX-5 LED headlights is that they throw most of the light out at the top of the beam.

That's exactly where you need it. You do NOT want even throw near and far. That makes the road near the car much brighter, your eyes adjust to that brightness, then you can't see what's 300' in front of the car.

The CX-5 does have LED reverse lights.

Also, hello everyone! Nice to see Anchorman over here. I picked up a CX-5 last month from my CX-3. Can't stay away from Anchorman. :p

The CX-5 does have LED reverse lights.

Also, hello everyone! Nice to see Anchorman over here. I picked up a CX-5 last month from my CX-3. Can't stay away from Anchorman. :p
No and it doesn't have led turn signals front or back

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The 2017 manual says the reverse lights are led and cannot be replaced, as they are replaced as an "integrated unit". I looked, and sure as hell can't figure out how you would get to the bulb to replace it.

The manual does say the front turn signal/parking lights, the front side marker lights, and the rear turn signal/brake lights, as well as the license plate light bulbs are non-led and shows how to replace them as well as all the interior lights.

The 2017 manual says the reverse lights are led and cannot be replaced, as they are replaced as an "integrated unit". I looked, and sure as hell can't figure out how you would get to the bulb to replace it.

The manual does say the front turn signal/parking lights, the front side marker lights, and the rear turn signal/brake lights, as well as the license plate light bulbs are non-led and shows how to replace them as well as all the interior lights.
Wow I stand corrected re reverse lights. Maybe a photo showing this would be helpful [emoji3]

Also, LED bulbs for cabin and cargo are now an option when you buy your CX-5. If you go to CX-5 specs on the Mazda USA site and look under interior accessories, it is there.

It is confusing, because it says if you have (Type A) light bulbs, they are all led and cannot be replaced, but lists turn signal lights, front side marker lights, brake lights as a possibility of being type A. I guess I need to pull a brake light and see what is in there.

Type B has replaceable non-led according to the manual.

ATTACH]
ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_2022.JPG
    IMG_2022.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2024.JPG
    IMG_2024.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

I drove a 2017 Grand Touring w/Premium Package and when backing in to the stall at the dealer I watched the backup lights reflected in the plate glass window. Backup lights are definitely LED.

Last edited:
Excellent news. So all that's left is for turn signals to become standard led. Maybe at next update?

Last edited:
I just checked, and the backup lights are definitely led. They are a white color, maybe 5000k, and the license plate lights look yellow in comparison.
I'll take off the rear brake light tomorrow and see if the brake light/turn signal is led as well.

I just checked, and the backup lights are definitely led. They are a white color, maybe 5000k, and the license plate lights look yellow in comparison.
I'll take off the rear brake light tomorrow and see if the brake light/turn signal is led as well.
You don't have to do that. Just compare the rear turn signal with the turn signal on your mirror. When the mirror turn signal goes first, there should be a slight delay when the rear turn signal goes.

Reverse lights are less likely to fail. Full time DRL's are another story.

Basing light output from the LED lights taken from mobile and mainstream cameras should not be taken withstand grain of salt. Most mobile phone cameras and mainstream Cameras "offset" the indifference. Meaning it may look bright because the algorithms of the camera adjusts to the "available" illumination. It may look better because of those algorithms but it may also look darker.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Will look fine in real life.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for me, I have a light cataract on my left eye so I'll be adding focused beam LED lights. I intend to plug it to the lighter socket to avoid warranty issues.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

My fogs from the PRC wprk very well. They light up the ground way more than the oem. Also I have switch backs les (white when running, orange when blinking), and the park light actually illuminates an arc behind and to the side of the light.

Back