Wtb: forged rods/pistons, split second afc(msp)

:
2003.5 MSP
Looking for forged rods and pistons (k1 preferred ) and a split second afc, v1 or v2.. not looking to spend a ton.. just want these more for reliability in the engine since these things are like toothpicks.
Looking for fsde msp stuff
Thanks

Last edited:
Just a heads up, with a forged motor you can run more boost and you won't need the piggyback AFC.

Sorry to thread jack, but Hornsfan are you saying with forged internals and increased boost the car kinda corrects its rich/lean (I can't remember which way our MSP goes) problem?

that's 100% inaccurate!!
I am not new to the mazdaspeed.. I have had mine since 06.. it has 60K miles on it.. the factory tune is pig rich to help the crap toothpick rods.. mazda slapped this motor together without enough R&D to compete with dodge and Mitsubishi. you can run increased boost on stock tune with upgraded internals yes.. but forged internals in no way corrects the crappy stock fuel trim.. to really run this car safely with a decent amount of boost.. 12-15 psi.. you need some sort of air fuel management... along with the forged internals. some people are running over 10 psi on stock internals.. however.. and ive said this many times. that car is a ticking bomb if they continue.. since the factory wastegate actuator can fail so easily and cause a boost spike.

Stock internals, not a stock wastegate or turbo.

If you're going to spend all that money on building up the engine, why not spring for a haltech or something? Disco potato it.

that's 100% inaccurate!!
I am not new to the mazdaspeed.. I have had mine since 06.. it has 60K miles on it.. the factory tune is pig rich to help the crap toothpick rods.. mazda slapped this motor together without enough R&D to compete with dodge and Mitsubishi. you can run increased boost on stock tune with upgraded internals yes.. but forged internals in no way corrects the crappy stock fuel trim.. to really run this car safely with a decent amount of boost.. 12-15 psi.. you need some sort of air fuel management... along with the forged internals. some people are running over 10 psi on stock internals.. however.. and ive said this many times. that car is a ticking bomb if they continue.. since the factory wastegate actuator can fail so easily and cause a boost spike.

The forged internals don't do anything to change the tune, but increasing the boost leans out the AFRs, which negates the need for a tune.

I have a forged engine running 16-18psi and the AFRs are around 11.5-12 in boost which is still a bit rich but safe for the old ECU in these cars. I know what I am talking about, it is in no way inaccurate.

Back