2015 Noise Level vs Newer Editions

A couple of, probably final thoughts.

I drove my father's Chevy Colorado over the same stretch of road with DB software. it ran 79/80 where the Mazda was running 83/84. So, much better sound wise. On the other hand, I nearly hit the curb doing a U-Turn because it had such a wide turning radius. Admittedly, it's a completely different type of vehicle.

I'll probably bite the bullet and upgrade at some point, but not yet. I want to see if I can get 0% financing on Memorial day, plus, maybe wait for these things to cool down a bit. And, my car needs a bit of clean up. So, no rush.

So, it turns out that properly inflated tires matter. I checked them and they were at 23PSI. No idea how they got that low as I had an oil change about a month ago but there they were according to my old tire gauge. Inflated them to 35PSI and the handling is back and the car is quieter. It's still loud but it's loud like the day I bought it, not loud like last week. The db meter even went down although on the worst part of the drive it still hit the same peaks.

I may still upgrade it but this takes the pressure off of doing it today.

PS: I couldn't find a spec for the PSI on the stock tires. Anyone know it?

I believe 34 psi (at least for the 2016). FYI... my new car, from the dealer, was inflated to 50 psi!
In most all cases, upon receiving a new car or even collecting it after a dealer service, the tyre pressure will always be higher than what it states on the tyre placard.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Back