What diffuser is this?

FOUND IT!!!

Re-Amemiya Rear Diffuser! BAM!

nengun-2148-02-reamemiya-diffuser_pro.png

194783-fd3s-re-amemiya-rear-diffuser-hardware-done-diffuser2.jpg

162806d1142730248-fd3s-re-amemiya-rear-diffuser-hardware-done-rays-rx7-2.jpg

IMO, it looks better on the P5 than the RX's in those pics IMO....not really digging the gas tank all showin thru on them. Needs some mesh or something to hide it. Of course I'd still rather have those RXs with it on there vs any P5.............

that DIY "diffuser" on the P5 looks awful. The whole "diffuser just for looks" thing is weird to me
When I was still working on my P5 I was in the process of making a rear diffuser
but something that would actually help guide air and make room for my center exit exhaust,

If you want to have one just for looks I would try and get one from another car and make it fit
(just not the FD diffuser, doesnt match any body lines, looks out of place.)

2003mazdaspeedprotege5.jpg

lol it's something.

isport made one for about 2 minutes. Finding one of those used would be pretty cool.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123770761-GI-isport-CF-rear-diffuser-project

That's not a diffuser, that's a valance. That's just for looks

that DIY "diffuser" on the P5 looks awful. The whole "diffuser just for looks" thing is weird to me
When I was still working on my P5 I was in the process of making a rear diffuser
but something that would actually help guide air and make room for my center exit exhaust,

If you want to have one just for looks I would try and get one from another car and make it fit
(just not the FD diffuser, doesnt match any body lines, looks out of place.)

If you're talking about the pic I posted, it's not "just for looks" it's an actual diffuser. Sorry I don't have any good underneath pics. And don't bother rating the quality, it's made out of cardboard and hot glue, and it's just a mock-up. Also I was trying to make something that would fit over the rear valance so I don't have to destroy the bumper, but in the end I may cut it anyway so I can get more slope.

I would never add a diffuser just for looks, it's gonna be functional or it's gonna burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The purpose of a diffuser under a car is to accelerate airflow, making a low pressure area, basically sucking the car to the ground. It's called Aerodynamic Grip.
Diffusers and spoilers need volume to work properly, ie a s*** ton of air passing through them, and the car must have a one-piece bellypan. So unless the underside of your car is completely flat, and unless you drive around at 100mph+, it's there for looks.

The purpose of a diffuser under a car is to accelerate airflow, making a low pressure area, basically sucking the car to the ground. It's called Aerodynamic Grip.
Diffusers and spoilers need volume to work properly, ie a s*** ton of air passing through them, and the car must have a one-piece bellypan. So unless the underside of your car is completely flat, and unless you drive around at 100mph+, it's there for looks.

I know what a rear diffuser is and what it does.
Ton of air to work? No, just the normal amount that goes over or under a car to begin with. Actually, you want less air going thru a diffuser than over a spoiler, it works based on low air pressure not high pressure, hence why race cars are practically scraping the asphalt. And no, you don't need to be driving 100mph+ to get the functionality of a diffuser, it'll work just fine at anything over 60mph, because it's functionality is not based on air volume but on its ability to create a lower pressure zone than what is above or around the car. So as long as you have air moving underneath the car, from the front to the back, it'll do its job just fine. Granted, at lower speeds air can enter the diffuser from the side or escape from underneath the car before reaching the diffuser, reducing its effectiveness.
As for the one-piece bellypan/flat underside, yes that's true. The point of the flat underside is to create a smooth line of airflow from the front splitter to the rear diffuser, instead of the turbulence caused by air bouncing off of axles, exhaust piping, fuel tanks, etc. But it doesn't mean the diffuser won't work, though with greatly reduced effectiveness, without a flat underside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm yeah, we're gonna need the wind tunnel test results of oem vs just splitter vs splitter/belly pan vs splitter/belly pan/diffuser vs just diffuser vs just belly pan to properly molecularly dissect all this..............or just call it decoration and let it be. No one seems overly concerned about our government basically just being decoration while doing nothing to benefit the general population so do we realllly care how much decoration vs function a diffuser is?

Last edited:
birdhair.jpg

If you can slap a piece of plastic on the back with no other mods and make the car corner better, then why didn't the only Asian car maker ever to win the 24hours of LeMans NOT put the thing there in the 1st place? Why aren't they on every car?

Back