2017 CX-5 Floor liners

:
Cx5
Does anybody know if there are changes to the dimensions for the 2017 cx-5 for the floor liners? I am looking in anticipation of taking delivery of my CX-5 GT in the next 10 days. Can't seem to find anything for 2017. I would think the 2016 mats should fit. Thanks in advance.

I am inclined to say they won't fit perfect. 17 has wider center console. Has less cabin leg area.

Most of the accessories for the '17 are different. Cargo tray, floor mats, roof rails, crossbars, cargo cover, etc.

Does anybody know if there are changes to the dimensions for the 2017 cx-5 for the floor liners? I am looking in anticipation of taking delivery of my CX-5 GT in the next 10 days. Can't seem to find anything for 2017. I would think the 2016 mats should fit. Thanks in advance.

thanks for asking this. I'm having the hardest time choosing a good mat for my car, too. I wondered this same question.

I guess I'll add to it that I'm looking at the 3DMaxpider version of the floor mats for my CX5, 2017. It's the damndest thing that no one has them. Anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited:
I contacted weathertech to get an idea of when they would release mats for the 2017 and was told that there is no timetable it's purely based on demand. So I went with OEM rubber mats. So far I'm happy.

I got the premium OEM liners and they fit really well (my last car I had the 3dMaxpider's).

Front Part# 000VP-CX-5FL1-0
Rear Part# 00VP-CX-5FL2-0

I know that the premium liners were previously only available in Canada (not sure if that's still the case) but this site for a Toronto area based dealer does ship to US...or if you're close to the Michigan/Ontario border you could also just pop over to a local dealer.

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/2017-mazda-cx-5-accessories

Last edited:
I got the premium OEM liners and they fit really well (my last car I had the 3dMaxpider's).

I know that the premium liners were previously only available in Canada (not sure if that's still the case) but this site for a Toronto area based dealer does ship to US...or if you're close to the Michigan/Ontario border you could also just pop over to a local dealer.

I can attest these Canadian-only Mazda OEM Premium Floor Liners are the best for 1st-gen CX-5 just unfortunately they're not available to the US customers. This seller do offer free shipping to entire North America! For driver piece I know it protects entire dead pedal not like WeatherTech which covers only half way. And Mazda logo looks nice too! Can you verify if there's a lip at the base of gas pedal area to prevent water to get in there? A couple of pictures would be nice! :)

00VP-C5-FL10_424e2684-63ce-4f17-be16-a3fe9e17a86c.png

00VP-C5-FL20_4a0edbe7-9e31-4ac0-b13e-2c7d8ea849e1.png

I can attest these Canadian-only Mazda OEM Premium Floor Liners are the best for 1st-gen CX-5 just unfortunately they're not available to the US customers. This seller do offer free shipping to entire North America! For driver piece I know it protects entire dead pedal not like WeatherTech which covers only half way. And Mazda logo looks nice too! Can you verify if there's a lip at the base of gas pedal area to prevent water to get in there? A couple of pictures would be nice! :)

Sure thing! I'll snap some shots when I go out a bit later today :)

Sorry for the delay, here are a couple of images. I tried to capture the part near the gas pedal - and pulled it back slightly but it does have a bit of a lip.

Sorry for the delay, here are a couple of images. I tried to capture the part near the gas pedal - and pulled it back slightly but it does have a bit of a lip.

Thanks for the photo. Little lip at gas pedal base area is better than nothing. Many others including expensive WeatherTech floor liner for 1st-gen CX-5 has no lip! If I have a 2nd-gen CX-5 these Mazda OEM Premium Floor Liners would be my top choice!

Thank you Crayonelis! Just ordered front and rear and they are on sale with free shipping. Also, I don't have to spend $40 on a dead pedal now.

The Mazdashop floor liners look fantastic! Can anyone comment on how they look after a winter or two? They also don't seem to have any extra protection near the pedals where you heel constantly scrapes the liner.... Do they wear out in this area? Thanks in advance!

Yep, those Canada-only ones look really nice but it's hard to tell what material they are and how they'll hold up in the winter. I'm used to Husky Liners/WeatherTech rubber mats with the nice big lips at the edge to contain water. Anybody tried both to compare?

Yep, those Canada-only ones look really nice but it's hard to tell what material they are and how they'll hold up in the winter. I'm used to Husky Liners/WeatherTech rubber mats with the nice big lips at the edge to contain water. Anybody tried both to compare?
At least for 1st-gen CX-5 the WeatherTech liners don't have lip at gas pedal area to contain water and covers only the half of the dead pedal.

The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.
I couldn't agree more. I purchased the Weather Tech liners because I've had great experiences in the past, but how they designed the liner by the gas pedal is a HUGE flaw. We park on a slight incline and any water held in by the liner, drains right into the gas pedal area flooding the carpet underneath. If there is any standing water on the mat, eventually it will flow into that area which does not have a lip.....completely useless.

I am so late to this party as I just found the floor liners ...
too bad OUT OF STOCK on the mazdashop.ca webpage

I guess I'll have to buy weathertech

(doh)

Last edited:
Back