Help: Strange grinding/whining noise

:
MAZDA CX-9
I have 2010 GT CX9 with about 168K miles
The engine and all are OK but started to hear strange noise - like grinding or whining noise- when i press the gas pedal , but once i left my foot it goes.
I did changed oils and stuff regularly.
All other than this are just fine.
any body have similar issue ?

The engine and all are OK but started to hear strange noise - like grinding or whining noise- when i press the gas pedal , but once i left my foot it goes.

do you have AWD or FWD ? if AWD, I suspect your transfer case is bad.......using grinding/whining noise followed by burning oil smell.....

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123847373-Changing-CX-9-transfer-case-gear-oil-(photos)

Do you hear that noise when driving or when just sitting still? If it is when driving it likely is as mahermaxan said and the transfer case is making the noise. Since new my CX9 has had a very slight whine at just about 45 MPH that goes away if I lift off the gas. I have another AWD vehicle and I get the same sound at about the same speed, it's not exaclty the same but it's there.

I have a 'whine' that is audible at about 45 MPH. I believe it's just the gears in the PTU you hear at that speed. It's been like that since day one and at first I thought it was a problem. If you lift off the gas it also goes away, seems that the loading on the gears at that particular speed make it audible.

I have an automatic Audi Quattro and it has a similar, but less noticeable, sound at similar speeds. I also had an older Audi with a stick shift and never heard anything on that car. Maybe something to do with the manual vs. the automatic transmissions. Anyway, it's all good as far as I can tell.

Yesterday I got the car into the dealer workshop for inspection.
Will update you on the progress and any findings.

thanks for the support guys, the dealer told me exactly the same and then I have to replace the transfer case which made the noise.
Also they recommended a water pump change with also the radiator and the piping.

Did they tell you how much for all of this. The transfer case alone is about 1200 parts and labor at the dealer. The water pump is even more. I don't know about the radiator and the hoses. I am kind of surprised that they didn't mention the thermostat. Usually that gets replaced as well.

Back