Rear brakes and emergency brake issues, looking for help??

So I changed my front and rear brakes fronts were no problem, the rear brakes on the other hand were a little more difficult. I had a hard time separating the caliper to grease the rod, I had to beat it with a hammer to get them to separate. I got everything apart and greased up and put back together. Took the car for a spin, not sure if they are working or not, I touched one rotor after the drive it was cool the other side was a little warm. And the emergency brake isn't working at all.. any suggestions?? Thanks.. Chris

Hi Chris, curious did you try adjusting your park brake with the 4mm Allen head on the caliper? its behind a 14m bolt by the brake park brake mount. I believe the manual states to adjust until contacts the brakes then loosen by 1 third of a turn. For final adjustment you can use the adjustment screw under your ebrake cover.

Just adjust it until the rotor stops and then go in the car and pull the Ebrake all the way up and let it back down. It should not touch the rotors after.

Latest posts

Back