Replaced Knock Sensor but CEL is still on and car is still "choking"

:
2003 Mazda Protege
I went to an auto parts store because the problem started as I was going home, I was driving then my car started "jiggling" and was randomly cutting off in the middle of traffic, every time I would turn it on it would drive slow and sluggish as well. Anyways, I drove it to the auto store and they told me it was the knock sensor and I then got it relpaced. It was driving fine after that, then all of a sudden the CEL started blinking and my car started chocking again.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Replaced Knock Sensor but CEL is still on and car is still "choking"

Had that same issue a year ago, except the P5 was misfiring on cylinder 2. Have you changed your plugs recently?

A fresh set of spark plugs and coils solved the issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had that same issue a year ago, except the P5 was misfiring on cylinder 2. Have you changed your plugs recently?

A fresh set of spark plugs and coils solved the issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got some new spark plugs but when I took the old ones out I found out that there's oil leaking in the spark plug wells. I don't really know how to remove the oil from the wells but I bought a new valve cover gasket as well.

New valve cover gasket torqued properly will keep oil from going into the spark plug hole. You need new coil packs and wires to fix the misfire, in addition to plugs unless you recently replaced them.

New valve cover gasket torqued properly will keep oil from going into the spark plug hole. You need new coil packs and wires to fix the misfire, in addition to plugs unless you recently replaced them.
I got a new vc gasket and plugs. My car is working fine now but my cel is still blinking

Back