2017 CX-5 drl question

2a684kh.jpg

The new lights were fitted today...

Cool! Looks like Venom's eyes.

Was going to ask about the headlights being on very low when I start to drive, when set to off / auto / parking lights. Seems the headlight does DRL/low/high beams as mentioned up thread.
Might try that DRL deactivation suggested and then run the parking lights instead. Looks better that way from the pics I've seen.

Was going to ask about the headlights being on very low when I start to drive, when set to off / auto / parking lights. Seems the headlight does DRL/low/high beams as mentioned up thread.
Might try that DRL deactivation suggested and then run the parking lights instead. Looks better that way from the pics I've seen.

Does deactivation working on your 18 cx-5 ??
I tried more than 10+ times, but no luck. Not sure bcoz mine is Canada model.

Any Canadian who own 2018 model try the deactivation ?

Does deactivation working on your 18 cx-5 ??
I tried more than 10+ times, but no luck. Not sure bcoz mine is Canada model.

Any Canadian who own 2018 model try the deactivation ?
Since DRLs are mandatory in Canada, IMO Mazda Canada has disabled the DRL deactivation feature at least for legal reason.

So, you means the deactivation procedure wont work for Canada cx-5 at all??!!
Yes, I believe Canadian CX-5's can't disable the DRL function with the procedure posted. The procedure is from Mazda North American Opetstions provided for US Mazda dealers.

Yes, I believe Canadian CX-5's can't disable the DRL function with the procedure posted. The procedure is from Mazda North American Opetstions provided for US Mazda dealers.

Thanks to let me know. I also send out the msg to Mazda Canada about it. Should be get some answer on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks to let me know. I also send out the msg to Mazda Canada about it. Should be get some answer on Monday or Tuesday.
Keep us posted and see what the official words on this matter from Mazda Canada.

Keep us posted and see what the official words on this matter from Mazda Canada.

I got the message reply by Mazda Canada. The answer is The headlight beams cannot be turned off with drl operation.
The LED drl alone does not meet the required light output by law so the headlamps were added to operate.

I still try to ask them any other way to deactivate the headlight, no response.....

I got the message reply by Mazda Canada. The answer is The headlight beams cannot be turned off with drl operation.
The LED drl alone does not meet the required light output by law so the headlamps were added to operate.

I still try to ask them any other way to deactivate the headlight, no response.....
Whoever, a live person or a computer, giving you that answer seems to know not much about the answer of your true question. Keep pushing and some one on top in Mazda Canada should know the real answer.

Whoever, a live person or a computer, giving you that answer seems to know not much about the answer of your true question. Keep pushing and some one on top in Mazda Canada should know the real answer.

Still trying. I also ask my sale person to double check with service department for answer. Hopefully I will get the response from them today.

Seems like a good answer to me. What's wrong with it?

Still trying. I also ask my sale person to double check with service department for answer. Hopefully I will get the response from them today.
It didnt answer the question that if the DRLs can be disabled with MNAOs procedure for Canadian CX-5s.

It didn*t answer the question that if the DRLs can be disabled with MNAO*s procedure for Canadian CX-5*s.

Seems an odd and little known thing to disable. I'D PROBABLY STILL TRY. tHEY MAY have TO SAY THAT. (aCCI-CAPS)

I just got my canadian 2018 CX-5 GT with Tech last week and CANNOT get the DRL disable procedure to work.

I thought i got it.. but i guess i was not rolling fast enough.

Seems like whichever mode it is on the stalk, always auto on with DRL.

Last edited:
Back