2017 CX-5 drl question

Rgmz3

:
Cx-5
Wondering if any 2017 GT owners have noticed that with the headlights in auto mode and driving during the day the headlights are on with the drl. Can this be adjusted so only the drl is on?

Have you adjusted the sensitivity settings for auto lights to make sure they don't come on unless there isn't sufficient light?

I tried that but it didn't seem to have an affect. I may have to try to set it before the drl's come on to see if that makes a difference.

DRLs come on when you are in drive and start moving.

Have you got the headlight sensor covered with anything?

No nothing covering sensor. I find it odd that the system would be designed to always have the headlights on.

No nothing covering sensor. I find it odd that the system would be designed to always have the headlights on.

Shouldn't be. Go back to the dealer and get them to have a look at it

DRL doesn't use any settings. Works all the time provided CX-5 is in drive.

Only settings in MZD are for sensitivity settings for auto headlights.

Make sure light switch on stalk is on auto only.

Silly question, but do you have the light controller on "on?"

We leave ours on all the time, I like how the lights turn on when we unlock it at night.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

We leave ours on all the time, I like how the lights turn on when we unlock it at night.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

According to the user manual, this also works on Auto setting as well.

The OP says they have it in auto. My guess is either
  1. Auto light settings in MZD needs adjusting or
  2. Something maybe blocking the light sensor or
  3. Considering they have said the above 2 points aren't the issue then there is something wrong with the sensor itself and the dealer should take a look at it

I've watched a few videos now and most of them seem to have both light on during the day. Seems kind of weird

Thanks for the responses. I've tried it in auto and with the light stalk set to off with no change. The only mode that has just the drl on is the setting right before manual headlights on which turns on all lights except the headlights but that includes dash and tail lamps which I don't want during the day.
I don't see anything on glass blocking light sensor. This is why I want to see if any other 2017 owners are having a different experience before I bring it in to the dealer.

I can't believe they would change this for 17. What is your sensitivity set to in the MZD. Mine (16) is right in the middle setting (medium) and only my DRL's come on during the day.

Sensitivity was set at medium when I picked up the car. I've tried all the other settings But it still behaves the same.

On mine, during the day, the halo around the headlight is lit, but not the headlight itself. If I turn the lights on during the day, the actual headlight inside the led halo comes on. My lights are set to auto.

asset.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2004.JPG
    IMG_2004.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 942
Sensitivity was set at medium when I picked up the car. I've tried all the other settings But it still behaves the same.

Is the amber sidemarker on the outside edge of the headlights lit as well during the day when your headlights are set to auto?

I'm fairly sure the tail lamps also act as "rear" DRLs as far as I've seen in the CX-9s due to it being LEDs but your headlight shouldn't be on in the Auto setting in daylight.

Is the amber sidemarker on the outside edge of the headlights lit as well during the day when your headlights are set to auto?

It's hard to tell as I can only see the lights in the reflection of cars and store windows. I'll have to have someone else sit in the car with it in drive so I can document exactly what's coming on. I know for certain it's the drl and headlight. Fog does not come on and based on the fact that the icon on the speedometer isn't on I assume the tail lamps aren't on either.

I've watched a few videos now and most of them seem to have both light on during the day. Seems kind of weird

I have seen this as well but when they then show the back of the CX-5, all tail lights are on meaning they have the lights on as normal.

Back