2017 CX-5 drl question

Yeah. I have a suspicion that the speakers in the front left and right corners of the car might not be working properly though. When listening to music the nav voice is so low its almost completely inaudible, I ended up just turning it all the way off because it was annoying the hell out of me. I need to do some testing.

Fiddle with all the settings. Most reviews say its good (not audiophile reviewers mind you)

With regards to DRL's, looks like its some sort of US requirement that all lights are on in conjunction with DRLs

Yes, the "no touch while driving" annoys the s*** out of me. No other car company does this. I did hack mine to allow touch while moving. I still rarely touch it because the commander knob works great, but I can if I want to!
Mazdatweaks.com

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, the "no touch while driving" annoys the s*** out of me. No other car company does this. I did hack mine to allow touch while moving. I still rarely touch it because the commander knob works great, but I can if I want to!
Mazdatweaks.com

I actually prefer the commander knob. Means my screen is fingerprint free :D

I think the Commander Knob and Volume button right there could be my favorite feature of the car. I rarely use the volume on the wheel.

Can't seem to get those instructions to work. Initially you turn on parking break and do you need to press the ignition button (without holding break down so engine stays off)? That's what i tried but no luck.

Can't seem to get those instructions to work. Initially you turn on parking break and do you need to press the ignition button (without holding break down so engine stays off)? That's what i tried but no luck.

That's for the previous model hence may not work with yours (uhm)

It works, two things to note:
Ignition has to be ON, which means two presses of the start/stop button without pressing the brake pedal.
Light switch has to start out in the first (OFF) position, and when you are switching it you have to go the third position (past auto to parking).

EDITED for clarity.

It works, two things to note:
Ignition has to be ON, which means two presses of the start/stop button without pressing the brake pedal.
Light switch has to start out in the first (OFF) position, and when you are switching it you have to go the third position (past auto to parking).

EDITED for clarity.

Step in, set parking brake to on, push the on button twice, press+hold brake until the end, light off->parking 5x, press hazards 10x, light off->parking 5x. Done. Is that correct? still not having any luck. Is there some immediate cue that the car gives off when it works? I don't know if I fully understand the "DRL off=parking brake on" note at the end.

Looks correct. I tested it after I went through the steps by leaving the light switch at OFF, starting the vehicle, and backing out of my garage then driving back in. If the DRL's are enabled, they come on soon after I start moving in reverse, and stay on until I shift into park. If disabled, they don't come on at all. I'm not sure what that note at the end means either.

Yeah. I have a suspicion that the speakers in the front left and right corners of the car might not be working properly though. When listening to music the nav voice is so low its almost completely inaudible, I ended up just turning it all the way off because it was annoying the hell out of me. I need to do some testing.

Definitely check for issues... It's the first I've heard of someone complaining about weak Bose system sound. I've got it and it's a decent system for sure.

You must have missed some threads around here, Joe. There's a few audiophiles here that don't like the Bose. I think it's great, too.

You must have missed some threads around here, Joe. There's a few audiophiles here that don't like the Bose. I think it's great, too.

Oh there are always complaints (of any audio system, really), but not of "weak" sound.

I think the Commander Knob and Volume button right there could be my favorite feature of the car. I rarely use the volume on the wheel.

I actually use the steering wheel volume controls. Only thing it doesn't have is mute.

Chiming in here because I just got my 2017 CX-5 and noticed this same thing while driving on the road. I played with the off-auto-DRL-on knob and did a bunch of tests myself but couldn't figure out why the actual headlight projector would not shut off in bright daylight. The sales guy at Mazda didn't seem to have an answer either. From what I can see, I guess the answer is that different from the previous gen CX-5's that only use LED strips and accents for DRL, the new 2017 DRL's include the led strip/accents and also some LED's in the actual projector. If I go switch my headlight knob from auto to on while in bright daylight, brighter LED's turn on in the same projector housing.

Same here. Just picked up our CX-5. Headlights always on in Auto, taillights off.

I wish all luxury brands would adopt this placement of the volume knob.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I have one question on this. Will the headlights go off but the LED strip remain ON when the parking brake is engaged? I was able to locate the low voltage lines on my wife's KIA Soul by tracing the low voltage line down by using the parking brake (brake on lights off so no voltage to the line) I cut the lines and the DRL went off (not saying I would cut anything on my CX-5)

Back