Fuel Cut?

SlowturboP5

:
mazda protege5
Hey my car just started experiencing fuel cut today. I have a ssafc, fmic, catback exhaust, wideband and boost gauge, and boosting 8-9 psi. It never did this before and today I decided to make a few changes to my ssafc map; I leaned out some values in the table because I am running rich about 10-11 afr. Well, took it for a drive and when I'm about to hit 8-9 psi it will hit fuel cut, like I hit a brick wall. My afr's are still really rich. It happened on the freeway too when I was boosting and all off a sudden it felt like I slammed on the brakes. I just pulled 3 codes p0113, p0140, and p0660. I have had p0113 and p0660 for awhile but it never caused this. Any ideas what is causing this?

P0140 is the rear O2 sensor either failing or not reading properly from having a catless exhaust.

You could have a dirty MAF sensor, I would suspect a bad wastegate that is overboosting to hit fuel cut but if it is only running 9lbs it should not be hitting fuel cut.

How does car ecu calculate boost? I think since i have p0113 code, the iat is reading extremely cold temp combined with the maf reading, it is equivalent to really high boost.

That's how it tells the boost level, IAT temps and MAF voltage. It has a MAP sensor but I believe it is only used to detect EGR function. There is no wastegate solenoid so the ECU has no way to control boost, it uses the MAF sensor to set the fuel trims, just like on an n/a protege.

Back