2017 GT Premium package decision

caterpa

:
CX-5
Looking to purchase a new 2017 CX-5 GT. I have been given pretty good numbers for purchase. Once I close a deal I will post the final price numbers here.

I am looking at a Machine Gray GT but cant seem to decide if the extra cost for the premium package is worth it to me.

I have had all sorts of vehicles over the years and many with some of the same tech in this one and really like the idea of a heated steering wheel as I had it on a Land Rover LR4 I owned and a GMC Yukon SLT.

I haven't had the wiper de-icers in the past nor a HUD. So not really sure if this is something I "need" or not.

I am not really sure I care all that much about my back seat children having a warm seat so that part doesn't sell me on it :)

Quite simply, what have others found who own the vehicle with this package? Do they regret purchasing it or if they didn't purchase it, regret not?

I just don't know if those 3 features add up to 1500 dollars for me. Thanks for the help and all the help I have had on my potential purchase so far by lurking here.

i am glad i went with the premium package. memory seat, power passenger seat, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, HUD are all pretty sweet. i haven't had to use the wiper de-icers so i dunno about them.

Can't put them on later.Im ordering mine with the premium

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd say go for it because later you might regret not actually having it

I was in the same boat as you, with the same color as well. Ultimately decided to skip the premium package and picked up my car on Saturday. No regrets yet.

I ended up getting my GT AWD with Machine Grey for $30,000 after the $500 owner loyalty. Hope you are able to get a good deal.

I forgot about the memory seats and passenger power seat. That does add value certainly. I will post price paid once actually own the car :)

I forgot about the memory seats and passenger power seat. That does add value certainly. I will post price paid once actually own the car :)

If I am not mistaken, you should be able to program the seat memory into the transponder. So when you unlock and open the door, the seat automatically adjusts to your preferred saved position ;)

⋯ I just don't know if those 3 features add up to 1500 dollars for me.
Actually GT Premium Package is a $1,830 option! Comparing to $780 for Touring Preferred Equipment Package、$625 for Touring i-ActivSense Package, and the number of features included in the package, the price for this GT Premium Package is really super "premium"! Considering Canadians get 2-position memory drivers seat and 6-way power adjustable passenger seat standard even in the 2016.5 CX-5 GT, I truely feel this GT Premium Package is a rip-off for US customers! In addition, since we live in mostly hot Texas, many features in the package such as heated steering wheel and rear seats as well as windshield wiper de-icer are almost useless for us!

But if I were you, I still pay additional $1,830 getting the GT Premium Package. Not so much on Active Driving Display with Traffic Sign Recognition, instead I believe memory function is a necessity for the power seat, especially on a vehicle with more than one driver.

Actually GT Premium Package is a $1,830 option! Comparing to $780 for Touring Preferred Equipment Package、$625 for Touring i-ActivSense Package, and the number of features included in the package, the price for this GT Premium Package is really super "premium"! Considering Canadians get 2-position memory driver’s seat and 6-way power adjustable passenger seat standard even in the 2016.5 CX-5 GT, I truely feel this GT Premium Package is a rip-off for US customers! In addition, since we live in mostly hot Texas, many features in the package such as heated steering wheel and rear seats as well as windshield wiper de-icer are almost useless for us!

But if I were you, I still pay additional $1,830 getting the GT Premium Package. Not so much on Active Driving Display with Traffic Sign Recognition, instead I believe memory function is a necessity for the power seat, especially on a vehicle with more than one driver.

Australia doesn't get heated steering wheel and rear seats as well as windshield wiper de-icer.

We however do get 10 way power adjustment drivers seat with 2 position memory function, 6 way power adjustment passengers seat and side camera included.

I just bought a '17 with the premium package. The HUD is pretty sweet especially with the navigation integrated. For me, i live in an area that snows so its worth it to have all of the extra stuff. For others who live in Texas, it doesn't make sense. I'd go for it!

Heated wheel would be nice- power pass seat and de-icers I guess- our old Subie had them- meh. For me it would come down to am I jazzed about the HUD. On my brief test drive- yeah its neat but I don't see me using it on a daily so I'd put that 1830 toward remote start, few other accessories and pocket the change.

Looking to purchase a new 2017 CX-5 GT. I have been given pretty good numbers for purchase. Once I close a deal I will post the final price numbers here.
I am looking at a Machine Gray GT but cant seem to decide if the extra cost for the premium package is worth it to me.
I have had all sorts of vehicles over the years and many with some of the same tech in this one and really like the idea of a heated steering wheel as I had it on a Land Rover LR4 I owned and a GMC Yukon SLT.
I haven't had the wiper de-icers in the past nor a HUD. So not really sure if this is something I "need" or not.
I am not really sure I care all that much about my back seat children having a warm seat so that part doesn't sell me on it :)
Quite simply, what have others found who own the vehicle with this package? Do they regret purchasing it or if they didn't purchase it, regret not?
I just don't know if those 3 features add up to 1500 dollars for me. Thanks for the help and all the help I have had on my potential purchase so far by lurking here.

Look at my signature.....don't do what I did, save yourself the hassle, and get EVERYTHING at once.

Last edited:
Go big or go home! Seriously though, it includes things you can't reasonably add after the fact. If there's any doubt, then go for it or you're risking regret (and possibly buying your next new vehicle even sooner because of lack of features!)

If it was as simple as getting the GT and then adding the items later as you may want them, then sure.

As it is, you can't really do that, so I'm of the opinion that if you are wanting any of those features, then you should just go for it and call it a day.

I'm also back and forth. 1800 is a lot for features you probably won't use too much. If I can get a better deal on one I think I'd consider it.

They really should bundle the Front De-Icer, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Seats into a "Winter Tech" package for about $500.

Make the heated side mirrors standard (because it helps in all moist climates).

If only they made a Hot Weather Package. Cooled vented seats, glove box cooler (hey I once had a Jetta that had one!), and one touch all window access via key fob.

If this was a question for 16.5 - answer would have been a firm no. For 17 - gets a little dicey. I think memory seats are okish and probably the best feature. Heated steering wheels in Texas are ok - maybe need it 50 days a year and can easily do without.
But 17 overall is such a classy car - and at this point the pickings are slim. Both with and without choices are good. I think the HUD is nice feature. If its not there you wont miss it - if it is you will use it.

If only they made a Hot Weather Package. Cooled vented seats, glove box cooler (hey I once had a Jetta that had one!), and one touch all window access via key fob.

I think you'll see optional "cooled/vented" front seats in the near future in the CX5.

A humidifier in the glove box for cigars would certainly be an up-market move, although highly unlikely.

Back