Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93

Thread: The HUD display in the 2017.

  1. #76
    Registered Member Pipemajor's Avatar

    2015 CX-5, GT AWD w/Tech pkg Blue Reflex Mica

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    239
    Wonder if it's visible from outside the vehicle looking in...
    Mine should be here perhaps by this weekend, definitely by next week.
    Fuelly

  2. #77
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
    Wonder if it's visible from outside the vehicle looking in...
    Mine should be here perhaps by this weekend, definitely by next week.
    As in looking at the windscreen whilst standing infront of the CX-5?

  3. #78
    Registered Member Pipemajor's Avatar

    2015 CX-5, GT AWD w/Tech pkg Blue Reflex Mica

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    As in looking at the windscreen whilst standing infront of the CX-5?
    Yup.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  4. #79
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
    Yup.
    You might. All depends on on the angle and light reflections.

  5. #80
    Registered Member

    2016.5 Touring w/Tech

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    You might. All depends on on the angle and light reflections.
    And how fast the car is zoom-zooming towards you!

  6. #81
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by RDK006 View Post
    And how fast the car is zoom-zooming towards you!

  7. #82
    SOFA Status boandlkramer's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    561
    This was posted in the pics thread, I think this belongs here.

    -2009 BMW 328i Space Gray //A52//322//4B9//507//609//639//677/6FL//6NF//
    -2014 CX-5 Sport, Black (RIP Apr '15)
    -2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow //B67//ZDB//ZEP//ZEC//2MK//2VF//2VZ//403//688//
    -2016 CX-5 Touring, Soul Red, Bose/Tech, PDC (Sold)
    -2017 CX-5 GT Soul Red Premium (Bought and on a boat to Germany)

  8. #83
    Registered Member

    1990 Eunos (Mazda) V-Special Roadster (sold), 2014 Mazda CX-5 Pr

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hiroshima Japan
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
    Wonder if it's visible from outside the vehicle looking in...
    .
    It's not. Other passengers in the car won't be able to see it either. In fact, I've had folks who were too short or too tall not see it until we adjusted it for them. It's very unintrusive. I love it.

  9. #84
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyredsox View Post
    It's not. Other passengers in the car won't be able to see it either. In fact, I've had folks who were too short or too tall not see it until we adjusted it for them. It's very unintrusive. I love it.
    Thanks for the clarification

    Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    83
    You're correct, the way it's projected it looks like it's floating over the hood of your car. It's nothing like those "aftermarket" solutions or where people put phones on their dashboards and it reflects on the windshield.

    It's definitely strange at first, but doesn't take long to get used to it. For the first 10 mins it was almost a distraction, now I can't imagine living without it!

    Passengers cannot see it. Even someone in the back seat behind the driver will have a hard time positioning themselves to see it. It's only visible to a narrow field of view, so basically just the drier's eyes.

  11. #86
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by joe6864 View Post
    You're correct, the way it's projected it looks like it's floating over the hood of your car. It's nothing like those "aftermarket" solutions or where people put phones on their dashboards and it reflects on the windshield.

    It's definitely strange at first, but doesn't take long to get used to it. For the first 10 mins it was almost a distraction, now I can't imagine living without it!

    Passengers cannot see it. Even someone in the back seat behind the driver will have a hard time positioning themselves to see it. It's only visible to a narrow field of view, so basically just the drier's eyes.
    Primarily designed for the driver

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  12. #87
    Registered Member Pipemajor's Avatar

    2015 CX-5, GT AWD w/Tech pkg Blue Reflex Mica

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    239
    Another dumb question - if you manually dim the instrument cluster illumination all the way, does the HUD dim too? Would be eerie to be in a totally dark car with nothing but the HUD visible.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  13. #88
    Registered Member

    Mazda

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    The workshop manual has a good write up......

    Attachment 216297
    Just realized in the first post of this thread Mattyredsox already pointed out the HUD image is somewhere at the front of the hood, so my "observation" yesterday is no news.

    Also, the workshop manual posted earlier by Anchorman explains it all, including design details (image is purposely placed about 2.6 meters from driver's eyes) as well as the rationale behind (so that user can more easily adjust his vision, eye focusing I believe, between the road and the display).

    Thanks again for sharing the manual. Very cool design!

    (p.9 of workshop manual, on HUD Construction)
    Windshield type
    • The active driving display consists of a display device which produces the display content and emits the content
    over a light beam, a plane mirror which reflects the light beam emitted from the display device, a concave mirror
    which emits the light beam from the plane mirror to the windshield and enhances the display, a motor which
    changes the tilt of the concave mirror, and a photo sensor which detects the brightness of the driving condition.
    • The time in which the driver's line of vision changes from the view at the front of the vehicle to the view of the
    information reflected on the windshield has been shortened by displaying the information within the forward visual
    range of the driver.
    • The image reflected in the windshield is positioned virtually approx. 2.6 m forward of the eye point. As a result,
    the eye point adjustment time in which the driver's line of vision changes from the view at the front of the vehicle
    to the view of the information reflected in the windshield has been reduced.

  14. #89
    SOFA Status boandlkramer's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
    Another dumb question - if you manually dim the instrument cluster illumination all the way, does the HUD dim too? Would be eerie to be in a totally dark car with nothing but the HUD visible.
    My experience is that they are independent of each other.


    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  15. #90
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by boandlkramer View Post
    My experience is that they are independent of each other.


    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    Correct as they have separate settings

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lrp may 26-28, 2017
    By Coppertone in forum NEMOC
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2017, 10:17 PM
  2. 2017 sport heads up display.
    By MikemSCV in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 12:38 PM
  3. 2017 gt
    By Rich 65 in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 11:42 AM
  4. When 2017 CX-5 would be available in US?
    By lunejy in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 11:11 PM
  5. 2017 cx 5??
    By dblgoat in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 05:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •