Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 146

Thread: The HUD display in the 2017.

  1. #31
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5
    That's how I feel when I rent a car and all they have left is a compact. Just give me a freaking bike, I'd be more comfortable.

  2. #32
    Registered Member ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by zepfan View Post
    That's how I feel when I rent a car and all they have left is a compact. Just give me a freaking bike, I'd be more comfortable.
    Same lol!

    I must be crazy for wanting to go look at some Miatas LOL!

  3. #33
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    2,568
    I have read that if you wear polarised sunglasses then hud is not visible.

  4. #34
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    815

    The HUD display in the 2017.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    I have read that if you wear polarised sunglasses then hud is not visible.
    The reflection is significantly degraded but it's not invisible, at least in my current vehicle that has it. I just bought regular sunglasses, the difference isn't great enough for it to be a concern for me


    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    -1989 BMW 528i (euro specs) Green
    -1996 Mazda 626 Red
    -1997 Honda Civic DX Blue
    -1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee White
    -1997 Chrysler Sebring 'vert Champaigne
    -2002 Dodge Neon Silver
    -2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE Silver
    -2008 Toyota Camry Champaigne
    -2009 BMW 328i Space Gray
    -2014 CX-5 Sport, Black (RIP Apr '15)
    *2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow
    -2016 CX-5 Touring, Soul Red, Bose/Tech, PDC (Sold)
    *2017 CX-5 GT Soul Red Premium (Bought and on a boat to Germany)

  5. #35
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by boandlkramer View Post
    The reflection is significantly degraded but it's not invisible, at least in my current vehicle that has it. I just bought regular sunglasses, the difference isn't great enough for it to be a concern for me


    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    That is good to hear. Was thinking of keeping a regular pair inside (when I purchase a new CX-5 of course) but may not have to do so.

    Thanks!

  6. #36
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    That is good to hear. Was thinking of keeping a regular pair inside (when I purchase a new CX-5 of course) but may not have to do so.

    Thanks!
    It was adequate with the brightness turned all the way up.


    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  7. #37
    Registered Member

    1990 Eunos (Mazda) V-Special Roadster (sold), 2014 Mazda CX-5 Pr

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hiroshima Japan
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by zepfan View Post
    I have the HUD in my CX-5. Only issue I've found so far is being tall and leaning. I'm 6'2" and generally rest my right arm on the arm rest when I drive (leaning to the right a bit). When sitting straight up with the seat all the way lowered, the top of the HUD is cut off (part that shows the road/turn information), but I can still see the speed/GPS Turns. When I lean to the right, I loose the right side of the HUD. I've changed the settings a bit, so it's all the way down on the height (it's inverse), and the rotation all the way to the left (also inverse), yet it gets cut off if I move a bit. If I stay a bit slouched and centered it's fine. Not a major issue, but worth mentioning for those thinking about it that are tall. I'm a bit surprised Mazda didn't test it with anyone tall...
    I'm 6'3"... I can see it fine, there's a height adjustment tool.

  8. #38
    Registered Member

    CX-5

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Hiawatha, IA
    Posts
    5
    I am having no trouble with polarized sunglasses. It is certainly dimmer but easily readable.

  9. #39
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by caterpa View Post
    I am having no trouble with polarized sunglasses. It is certainly dimmer but easily readable.
    To be expected but good to hear still visible

  10. #40
    Registered Member Jedi54's Avatar

    2005 RX-8, Grand Touring

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SoCal, CA
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by caterpa View Post
    I am having no trouble with polarized sunglasses. It is certainly dimmer but easily readable.
    good to hear, didn't want to have to give up my polarized Oakleys.

  11. #41
    Registered Member Pipemajor's Avatar

    2017 CX-5, GT AWD w/Premium Pkg Eternal Blue Mica

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    333
    HUD was on when I test drove a GT with the Premium Package. Didn't have time to put it through any thorough paces. Easy to pick up from the driver's seat once the height is positioned correctly.

    About those polarized sunglasses - My wife's Camry Hybrid has LCD readouts for the climate system. Tilt my head slightly and the entire display goes black. Lesser effect in my '15 CX-5 GT.

    Same with LCD wristwatches and...
    the transmitter screens for radio-controlled model aircraft.

  12. #42
    Registered Member Moonlighter's Avatar

    CX5 Akera 2.2 Diesel

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Redlands, Qld, Australia
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
    HUD was on when I test drove a GT with the Premium Package. Didn't have time to put it through any thorough paces. Easy to pick up from the driver's seat once the height is positioned correctly.

    About those polarized sunglasses - My wife's Camry Hybrid has LCD readouts for the climate system. Tilt my head slightly and the entire display goes black. Lesser effect in my '15 CX-5 GT.

    Same with LCD wristwatches and...
    the transmitter screens for radio-controlled model aircraft.
    Nearly all LCD screens have polarised coatings. So when you also have polarised glasses on, and you get both glasses and screen axis at right angles, all light is cut out and the screen appears to go black. Change the angle by 90 deg, and all good.

    Same thing applies on GPS/sonar/radar screen on boats.

  13. #43
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    2,568
    How high can the HUD be adjusted?

    Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

  14. #44
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    626
    I had a loaner CX3 with the plastic pop up heads up display 2 weeks ago while getting new shoes for the CX5. I found the read out to be very distracting in your straight on road vision. Can you turn the CX5's projected on the windshield one off, or reposition it to another location?

  15. #45
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    815

    The HUD display in the 2017.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heritage07 View Post
    I had a loaner CX3 with the plastic pop up heads up display 2 weeks ago while getting new shoes for the CX5. I found the read out to be very distracting in your straight on road vision. Can you turn the CX5's projected on the windshield one off, or reposition it to another location?
    You get used to it, it kind of "filters out" after you get used to it, and it's there when you want to see it. At autobahn speeds, it's much safer than looking down at the dash

    Once I get my 17CX5, both of our cars will have it. I'll never have another car without it or adaptive headlights


    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lrp may 26-28, 2017
    By Coppertone in forum NEMOC
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 07:13 PM
  2. 2017 gt
    By Rich 65 in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 05:51 PM
  3. 2017 sport heads up display.
    By MikemSCV in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 12:38 PM
  4. When 2017 CX-5 would be available in US?
    By lunejy in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 11:11 PM
  5. 2017 cx 5??
    By dblgoat in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 05:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •