Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 146

Thread: The HUD display in the 2017.

  1. #16
    Registered Member

    Mazda

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    198
    Thanks Matty! Is the HUD visible from passenger side? Or just very narrow angle of viewing like those laptops in the old days? Wife has the habit of leaning over to check the car speed from the instrument cluster, since our 16.5 NAV screen only shows speed limit. Would be nice if passenger can read the HUD too.

  2. #17
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    902
    HUD is almost impossible to view from the passenger side, at least in my BMW
    -1989 BMW 528i (euro specs) Green
    -1996 Mazda 626 Red
    -1997 Honda Civic DX Blue
    -1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee White
    -1997 Chrysler Sebring 'vert Champaigne
    -2002 Dodge Neon Silver
    -2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE Silver
    -2008 Toyota Camry Champaigne
    -2009 BMW 328i Space Gray
    -2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport, Black (RIP Apr '15)
    -2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring Soul Red
    -2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow (selling)
    -2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Soul Red Premium
    -2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i Dark Graphite Metallic - ZCV, ZDA, ZPK, ZPP (Ordered)

  3. #18
    Registered Member

    2013 Ford Edge

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdafollower View Post
    Thanks Matty! Is the HUD visible from passenger side? Or just very narrow angle of viewing like those laptops in the old days? Wife has the habit of leaning over to check the car speed from the instrument cluster, since our 16.5 NAV screen only shows speed limit. Would be nice if passenger can read the HUD too.
    Passenger cannot see the HUD.

  4. #19
    Registered Member

    17 CX-5 GT 14 CX-5 GT (sold)

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    425
    You can't see it if you move your head too much to the left or right. No way a passenger could see it. Also, I can still see mine with polarized sunglasses, but it is dimmed considerably.

  5. #20
    Registered Member

    Mazda

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    198
    thanks all, so HUD is always in "privacy mode".

  6. #21
    Registered Member
    Contributor

    2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Click on the link in my post ;-).
    No, I was wondering if you had a complete document with more info on the rest of the car (is that from a service manual?).

  7. #22
    Registered Member

    1990 Eunos (Mazda) V-Special Roadster (sold), 2014 Mazda CX-5 Pr

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hiroshima Japan
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    You can run the demo mode.
    I haven't seen a demo mode.

  8. #23
    Registered Member

    1990 Eunos (Mazda) V-Special Roadster (sold), 2014 Mazda CX-5 Pr

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hiroshima Japan
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
    You can't see it if you move your head too much to the left or right. No way a passenger could see it. Also, I can still see mine with polarized sunglasses, but it is dimmed considerably.
    Yeah, all the folks at my kid's school wanted to see it the other day... the shorter folks really couldn't see it until adjusted, and no one in the pax seat could see it. It's very much privacy mode. This also makes it a PITA to photograph...

  9. #24
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyredsox View Post
    Yeah, all the folks at my kid's school wanted to see it the other day... the shorter folks really couldn't see it until adjusted, and no one in the pax seat could see it. It's very much privacy mode. This also makes it a PITA to photograph...
    iPhone: focus on object (HUD display), then tap and hold the screen till "AE lock" shows and adjust the Brightness of the exposure. It can be done




    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  10. #25
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    2017 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by joe6864 View Post
    No, I was wondering if you had a complete document with more info on the rest of the car (is that from a service manual?).
    I've paid for viewing the manual and there is dozens of pages detailing every aspect of the car - very interesting! There is also a full very detailed workshop manual. I'm not going to post all of it but I don't mind he odd page if there is something of particular interest ;-)

  11. #26
    Registered Member
    Contributor

    2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I've paid for viewing the manual and there is dozens of pages detailing every aspect of the car - very interesting! There is also a full very detailed workshop manual. I'm not going to post all of it but I don't mind he odd page if there is something of particular interest ;-)
    Interesting! I might be interested in subscribing, can you share a link? Thx!

  12. #27
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    2017 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by joe6864 View Post
    Interesting! I might be interested in subscribing, can you share a link? Thx!
    You need to find the US portal online but you may be asked to prove you are a member of the motor trade. The manuals have to be made available by law. It won't let me subscribe to the US portal and it won't let you into the European one.

  13. #28
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    2017 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyredsox View Post
    I haven't seen a demo mode.
    It's on the PDF above.

  14. #29
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5
    I have the HUD in my CX-5. Only issue I've found so far is being tall and leaning. I'm 6'2" and generally rest my right arm on the arm rest when I drive (leaning to the right a bit). When sitting straight up with the seat all the way lowered, the top of the HUD is cut off (part that shows the road/turn information), but I can still see the speed/GPS Turns. When I lean to the right, I loose the right side of the HUD. I've changed the settings a bit, so it's all the way down on the height (it's inverse), and the rotation all the way to the left (also inverse), yet it gets cut off if I move a bit. If I stay a bit slouched and centered it's fine. Not a major issue, but worth mentioning for those thinking about it that are tall. I'm a bit surprised Mazda didn't test it with anyone tall...

  15. #30
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; BMW M4

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    902

    The HUD display in the 2017.

    I don't think exceptionally tall people are considered when most cars are designed...

    https://youtu.be/tAPk9KZbdAE


    Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lrp may 26-28, 2017
    By Coppertone in forum NEMOC
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 08:13 PM
  2. 2017 gt
    By Rich 65 in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 06:51 PM
  3. 2017 sport heads up display.
    By MikemSCV in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 01:38 PM
  4. When 2017 CX-5 would be available in US?
    By lunejy in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 12:11 AM
  5. 2017 cx 5??
    By dblgoat in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 06:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •