The HUD display in the 2017.

I too have prescription polarized sunglasses and they do block the HUD display. I've then tinted my windshield with 70% and I'm able to see the HUD display much better with my sunglasses on. I tint the windshield on all my vehicles and was afraid it'll affect the HUD performance on this car but turns out it helped lol

I too have prescription polarized sunglasses and they do block the HUD display. I've then tinted my windshield with 70% and I'm able to see the HUD display much better with my sunglasses on. I tint the windshield on all my vehicles and was afraid it'll affect the HUD performance on this car but turns out it helped lol

We are not allowed to tint windscreens here so that option is out for us. Non polarised sunglasses seem to be the way to go here

Was wondering if any of you new CX5 owners have it in your infotainment system/HUD the visual/audible warning when you are driving above the speed limit and if you are passing a red-light/speed camera (Nav based of course) that it also gives you an audible warning...just curious

I have my red light/speed camera warning on, speed limit warning off. Problem with the camera warning is it's only as current as your Nav map.

We are not allowed to tint windscreens here so that option is out for us. Non polarised sunglasses seem to be the way to go here

We are not allowed to here also. However, the tint is so light it's barely noticeable, you just feel it block out a lot of heat lol

For those peoples who are thinking should I or shouldn't I get HUD (Active Driving Display), here is a POV video showing it in action in Canada.

Note the camera has zoomed in too much and some of the text becomes illegible.

Nice video. Looks much better in person of course... but it's really hard to film or take pictures of!

The hud in my cx-5 is the pop up screen type but it gives you the same information (speed, navigation direction, blind spot monitoring, lane assist lines, speed limit, sign post information etc.) as the hud on windshield type. The speed limit is shown in a round emblem and the perimeter of it flashes when you exceed the limit. Do not remember if there is an audible alarm. My Mazda gps warns verbally about speed camera. No speed camera is shown in the navigator screen. Just as well since the speed camera warning is illegal in some countries in Europe but how many of them understand the warning in Swedish?!! I actually like the pop up type hud display since I can ignore it easily compared to the on windshield type and a very bright day does not affect its legibility in any way.

The hud in my cx-5 is the pop up screen type but it gives you the same information (speed, navigation direction, blind spot monitoring, lane assist lines, speed limit, sign post information etc.) as the hud on windshield type. The speed limit is shown in a round emblem and the perimeter of it flashes when you exceed the limit. Do not remember if there is an audible alarm. My Mazda gps warns verbally about speed camera. No speed camera is shown in the navigator screen. Just as well since the speed camera warning is illegal in some countries in Europe but how many of them understand the warning in Swedish?!! I actually like the pop up type hud display since I can ignore it easily compared to the on windshield type and a very bright day does not affect its legibility in any way.

AFAIK the windshield type you should be able to turn off

Another nice feature of the HUD and dash lighting is that they work independently of the exterior lighting so if you turn on the lights in the day, the panel lights stay bright but dim down under a bridge or tunnel.

Another nice feature of the HUD and dash lighting is that they work independently of the exterior lighting so if you turn on the lights in the day, the panel lights stay bright but dim down under a bridge or tunnel.

Nice :D

Back