The HUD display in the 2017.

HUD was on when I test drove a GT with the Premium Package. Didn't have time to put it through any thorough paces. Easy to pick up from the driver's seat once the height is positioned correctly.

About those polarized sunglasses - My wife's Camry Hybrid has LCD readouts for the climate system. Tilt my head slightly and the entire display goes black. Lesser effect in my '15 CX-5 GT.

Same with LCD wristwatches and...
the transmitter screens for radio-controlled model aircraft.

HUD was on when I test drove a GT with the Premium Package. Didn't have time to put it through any thorough paces. Easy to pick up from the driver's seat once the height is positioned correctly.

About those polarized sunglasses - My wife's Camry Hybrid has LCD readouts for the climate system. Tilt my head slightly and the entire display goes black. Lesser effect in my '15 CX-5 GT.

Same with LCD wristwatches and...
the transmitter screens for radio-controlled model aircraft.

Nearly all LCD screens have polarised coatings. So when you also have polarised glasses on, and you get both glasses and screen axis at right angles, all light is cut out and the screen appears to go black. Change the angle by 90 deg, and all good.

Same thing applies on GPS/sonar/radar screen on boats.

How high can the HUD be adjusted?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I had a loaner CX3 with the plastic pop up heads up display 2 weeks ago while getting new shoes for the CX5. I found the read out to be very distracting in your straight on road vision. Can you turn the CX5's projected on the windshield one off, or reposition it to another location?

I had a loaner CX3 with the plastic pop up heads up display 2 weeks ago while getting new shoes for the CX5. I found the read out to be very distracting in your straight on road vision. Can you turn the CX5's projected on the windshield one off, or reposition it to another location?

You get used to it, it kind of "filters out" after you get used to it, and it's there when you want to see it. At autobahn speeds, it's much safer than looking down at the dash

Once I get my 17CX5, both of our cars will have it. I'll never have another car without it or adaptive headlights

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Once I get my 17CX5, both of our cars will have it.

For those not planning on getting a 17 CX-5, would you recommend products such as this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Does 16 CX-5 have OBDII connector (since product description says it won't work with OBDI, J-OBD). Also, not sure if the product work with any windshield, as I thought the 17 CX-5 windshield is specially designed for HUD, not sure.

Yeah I was wondering about the windshield thing too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For those not planning on getting a 17 CX-5, would you recommend products such as this one?

Does 16 CX-5 have OBDII connector (since product description says it won't work with OBDI, J-OBD). Also, not sure if the product work with any windshield, as I thought the 17 CX-5 windshield is specially designed for HUD, not sure.

Yeah I was wondering about the windshield thing too.

Just get the sticky dashboard pad and put the HUD app on your phone. I don't know if it's worth the cost of buying a kit.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I am assuming you are talking to those who's model won't have the HUD in the windscreen. If so then what about information overload or I am guessing you can turn off some of the functionality

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

if you haven't seen it, you've got to see it in person. i saw it at dealer today in bright sun light, none of the pictures/videos/words described it well so far, the HUD is probably the coolest thing for your eyes on this car.

if you haven't seen it, you've got to see it in person. i saw it at dealer today in bright sun light, none of the pictures/videos/words described it well so far, the HUD is probably the coolest thing for your eyes on this car.

Exactly.

Don't want to see it. Going to be pissed when I do. :D

I may go see it but will bring along an AED and make sure the sales associate knows how to use it. :) I like the HUD display layout, and the fact that one can see all three speeds (limit, actual, cruise) at one place, goes very well with the other 2017 change where full range MRCC can now operates at slow speed (down to 0 mph).

Ever since I first heard about headlights that turn with the steering wheel, I swore I'd have them someday. I thought I would have to get a BMW or an Audi. I have that now!
And if I'd have waited 4 months? I'd have a HUD, too. 😫

Ever since I first heard about headlights that turn with the steering wheel, I swore I'd have them someday. I thought I would have to get a BMW or an Audi. I have that now!
And if I'd have waited 4 months? I'd have a HUD, too. 😫

The headlights on our version also adjust so doesn't shine into oncoming vehicles and at highway speeds, raises it's level to shine further ahead.

Wonder what other things in the future will be displayed in the HUD

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The headlights on our version also adjust so doesn't shine into oncoming vehicles and at highway speeds, raises it's level to shine further ahead.

Wonder what other things in the future will be displayed in the HUD

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I know. Ive seen the videos and was sad to find out ours don't.

Back