The HUD display in the 2017.

Thank DOT for that

Even Skoda offers Matrix/Anti-Dazzle headlights here in Germany. At least I can code it into my M4.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Skoda is part of VW so not much of a stretch to offer it I guess

Re my previous question, can anyone advise how far up the windscreen can HUD go?

If you shelled out for a 2016.5, yeah, you will. ;)
It's a great feature I'm sure, and my next car will probably have it, but given that it's only in the premium.package on the GT, it would cost me probably $5K over what I paid for my 16.5 Touring w/tech.

It's a great feature I'm sure, and my next car will probably have it, but given that it's only in the premium.package on the GT, it would cost me probably $5K over what I paid for my 16.5 Touring w/tech.
Can't you haggle down that price a bit?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

You get used to it, it kind of "filters out" after you get used to it, and it's there when you want to see it. At autobahn speeds, it's much safer than looking down at the dash

Once I get my 17CX5, both of our cars will have it. I'll never have another car without it or adaptive headlights

+1 on the adaptive headlights. I think it was the pop up screen that was distracting on the CX3. It was in your face instead of further away on the windshield. Never been on the autobahn, but imagining it's a blast in your M4.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the adaptive headlights. I think it was the pop up screen that was distracting on the CX3. It was in your face instead of further away on the windshield. Never been on the autobahn, but imaging it's a blast in your M4.

To stay on topic, our '16 CX-5 is capable on the autobahn. It will do 120, and is ok with cruise control at 110mph

To stay on topic, our '16 CX-5 is capable on the autobahn. It will do 120, and is ok with cruise control at 110mph

2017 model should have no issues and shows details on the HUD

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can't you haggle down that price a bit?

2016.5 Touring w/Tech MSRP $28520 - 2000 Cash back = $26520 (+ 0% apr)
2017 GT w/ Premium (HUD) MSRP $32165

That's a difference of $5645 - and it might still be easier to haggle on the 2016.

Finally have a chance to check out the 2017 HUD.

Could be just me, but it doesn't appear to be a real image formed on the windshield itself (as implied by "windshield projected" description on the spec), but rather a virtual image further out behind the windshield, floating somewhere above the hood. So it's more like a reflection that I was actually looking at.

In any case it's very nice. Congratulations to the 2017 CX-5 owners on this forum!

Finally have a chance to check out the 2017 HUD.

Could be just me, but it doesn't appear to be a real image formed on the windshield itself (as implied by "windshield projected" description on the spec), but rather a virtual image further out behind the windshield, floating somewhere above the hood. So it's more like a reflection that I was actually looking at.

I've heard this before in a review. Looking out the window and it appears

Last edited:
And I was stupid enough to imagine it works like front-projection TVs in early home theaters, and the windshield is the big TV screen :)

Jeez. Don't be so hard on yourself. ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wonder if it's visible from outside the vehicle looking in...
Mine should be here perhaps by this weekend, definitely by next week.

Wonder if it's visible from outside the vehicle looking in...
Mine should be here perhaps by this weekend, definitely by next week.

As in looking at the windscreen whilst standing infront of the CX-5?

Back