The HUD display in the 2017.

You can't see it if you move your head too much to the left or right. No way a passenger could see it. Also, I can still see mine with polarized sunglasses, but it is dimmed considerably.

Yeah, all the folks at my kid's school wanted to see it the other day... the shorter folks really couldn't see it until adjusted, and no one in the pax seat could see it. It's very much privacy mode. This also makes it a PITA to photograph...

Yeah, all the folks at my kid's school wanted to see it the other day... the shorter folks really couldn't see it until adjusted, and no one in the pax seat could see it. It's very much privacy mode. This also makes it a PITA to photograph...

iPhone: focus on object (HUD display), then tap and hold the screen till "AE lock" shows and adjust the Brightness of the exposure. It can be done

382894efe1b5d7447ab8d4f6696ebb0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

No, I was wondering if you had a complete document with more info on the rest of the car (is that from a service manual?).

I've paid for viewing the manual and there is dozens of pages detailing every aspect of the car - very interesting! There is also a full very detailed workshop manual. I'm not going to post all of it but I don't mind he odd page if there is something of particular interest ;-)

I've paid for viewing the manual and there is dozens of pages detailing every aspect of the car - very interesting! There is also a full very detailed workshop manual. I'm not going to post all of it but I don't mind he odd page if there is something of particular interest ;-)

Interesting! I might be interested in subscribing, can you share a link? Thx!

Interesting! I might be interested in subscribing, can you share a link? Thx!
You need to find the US portal online but you may be asked to prove you are a member of the motor trade. The manuals have to be made available by law. It won't let me subscribe to the US portal and it won't let you into the European one.

I have the HUD in my CX-5. Only issue I've found so far is being tall and leaning. I'm 6'2" and generally rest my right arm on the arm rest when I drive (leaning to the right a bit). When sitting straight up with the seat all the way lowered, the top of the HUD is cut off (part that shows the road/turn information), but I can still see the speed/GPS Turns. When I lean to the right, I loose the right side of the HUD. I've changed the settings a bit, so it's all the way down on the height (it's inverse), and the rotation all the way to the left (also inverse), yet it gets cut off if I move a bit. If I stay a bit slouched and centered it's fine. Not a major issue, but worth mentioning for those thinking about it that are tall. I'm a bit surprised Mazda didn't test it with anyone tall...

That's how I feel when I rent a car and all they have left is a compact. Just give me a freaking bike, I'd be more comfortable.

That's how I feel when I rent a car and all they have left is a compact. Just give me a freaking bike, I'd be more comfortable.

Same lol!

I must be crazy for wanting to go look at some Miatas LOL!

I have read that if you wear polarised sunglasses then hud is not visible.

I have read that if you wear polarised sunglasses then hud is not visible.

The reflection is significantly degraded but it's not invisible, at least in my current vehicle that has it. I just bought regular sunglasses, the difference isn't great enough for it to be a concern for me

The reflection is significantly degraded but it's not invisible, at least in my current vehicle that has it. I just bought regular sunglasses, the difference isn't great enough for it to be a concern for me

That is good to hear. Was thinking of keeping a regular pair inside (when I purchase a new CX-5 of course) but may not have to do so.

Thanks!

That is good to hear. Was thinking of keeping a regular pair inside (when I purchase a new CX-5 of course) but may not have to do so.

Thanks!

It was adequate with the brightness turned all the way up.

I have the HUD in my CX-5. Only issue I've found so far is being tall and leaning. I'm 6'2" and generally rest my right arm on the arm rest when I drive (leaning to the right a bit). When sitting straight up with the seat all the way lowered, the top of the HUD is cut off (part that shows the road/turn information), but I can still see the speed/GPS Turns. When I lean to the right, I loose the right side of the HUD. I've changed the settings a bit, so it's all the way down on the height (it's inverse), and the rotation all the way to the left (also inverse), yet it gets cut off if I move a bit. If I stay a bit slouched and centered it's fine. Not a major issue, but worth mentioning for those thinking about it that are tall. I'm a bit surprised Mazda didn't test it with anyone tall...
I'm 6'3"... I can see it fine, there's a height adjustment tool.

Back