Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The HUD display in the 2017.

Registered Member

08 Acura TL

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    So sunglasses that have a lower polorisation can still see the HUD. Good to know
    Definitely. I too have polarized sunglasses. They dim the HUD and depending on the angle from your eyes to the HUD. But, you can also always set the HUD to manual brightness and adjust the brightness if your polarized glasses just dim it.

2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT +P

I have prescription sunglasses that are polarized and they block out the HUD even when it's set to its highest brightness. I can however turn my head to the side and it's marginally readable. I ended up getting non-polarized clip-ons that I use with my regular glasses. They work well and in fact since they're amber/copper colored then tend to enhance the HUD and make it stand out more.

Polarization is dependent on the orientation of the lens to the incoming light, polarized glasses should be set up to allow "vertical" transmission, blocking light that's polarized horizontally, since that's the polarization of most reflected light/glare. The HUD, since it's reflected off the windshield, seems to have mostly horizontal polarization. Maybe some polarized lenses aren't in exactly the vertical position in the frame allowing more of the HUD light.

good points there

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 Signature

Was wondering if any of you new CX5 owners have it in your infotainment system/HUD the visual/audible warning when you are driving above the speed limit and if you are passing a red-light/speed camera (Nav based of course) that it also gives you an audible warning...just curious

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

I too have prescription polarized sunglasses and they do block the HUD display. I've then tinted my windshield with 70% and I'm able to see the HUD display much better with my sunglasses on. I tint the windshield on all my vehicles and was afraid it'll affect the HUD performance on this car but turns out it helped lol
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech Pkg

| OEM window visors | OEM blue tinted hydrophillic exterior mirror | Photosync tint all around | 75% Photosync tint on windshield | JBR air filter | LED in & out |

Quote Originally Posted by lowincash View Post
    I too have prescription polarized sunglasses and they do block the HUD display. I've then tinted my windshield with 70% and I'm able to see the HUD display much better with my sunglasses on. I tint the windshield on all my vehicles and was afraid it'll affect the HUD performance on this car but turns out it helped lol
    We are not allowed to tint windscreens here so that option is out for us. Non polarised sunglasses seem to be the way to go here

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT +P

Quote Originally Posted by tekbis View Post
    Was wondering if any of you new CX5 owners have it in your infotainment system/HUD the visual/audible warning when you are driving above the speed limit and if you are passing a red-light/speed camera (Nav based of course) that it also gives you an audible warning...just curious
    I have my red light/speed camera warning on, speed limit warning off. Problem with the camera warning is it's only as current as your Nav map.

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    We are not allowed to tint windscreens here so that option is out for us. Non polarised sunglasses seem to be the way to go here
    We are not allowed to here also. However, the tint is so light it's barely noticeable, you just feel it block out a lot of heat lol
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by lowincash View Post
    We are not allowed to here also. However, the tint is so light it's barely noticeable, you just feel it block out a lot of heat lol
    Fair enough

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by sonoran View Post
    I have my red light/speed camera warning on, speed limit warning off. Problem with the camera warning is it's only as current as your Nav map.
    Good to know...thanks for response

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910