The HUD display in the 2017.

I had the pop up screen HUD on my 2014 Mazda 3 sGT and only issue I had with it is sometimes it will get stuck half way and I need to restart the car to reset it. I ended up getting the whole unit replaced under warranty and didn't have as much issues with the new one. I like the windshield one a lot better.

Was driving home this afternoon and I came around a bend. The sun shown directly into the windscreen, at my eyes. Whilst wearing non-polarised sunglasses, I was still able to see the HUD display very clearly. Brightness for HUD was set to auto.

Kudos Mazda (2thumbs)

Last edited:
I had the pop up screen HUD on my 2014 Mazda 3 sGT and only issue I had with it is sometimes it will get stuck half way and I need to restart the car to reset it. I ended up getting the whole unit replaced under warranty and didn't have as much issues with the new one. I like the windshield one a lot better.

The windshield one is just a much cleaner look. It’s also why I always spring for NAV. I know smartphone nav is more up to date and probably accurate, but I really detest additional stuff on the windshield or dash

I really like the HUD, though like others have mentioned bright sunlight and polarized sunglasses can make it dicey to read. I just wish they had thrown the compass heading up there, I'd like to have a compass and be able to see the MPG gauge at he same time. I know I can see my heading on the GPS screen but I often have it on the audio screen and don't want to have to change anything to see my heading.

One thing I have noticed though. If I am at a set of traffic lights and the car infront is white then the HUD display becomes slightly more difficult to see

One thing I have noticed though. If I am at a set of traffic lights and the car infront is white then the HUD display becomes slightly more difficult to see

Aren’t the letters White? Your discovery seems kind of obvious. [emoji23][emoji41]

I like how in my X3 the numbers turn red if I’m exceeding the speed limit

Aren’t the letters White? Your discovery seems kind of obvious. [emoji23][emoji41]

I like how in my X3 the numbers turn red if I’m exceeding the speed limit

Are you aware that there's a similar option on the CX-5?

?? Ok, learning is occurring here.

How??

Just noticed you're in Germany. May be different there.
This is p. 4-110 in the US 2017 OM:
Capture0530.JPG

Back