Possible Key Ignition?

:
2007 Mazda 6
I have a 2007 Mazda 6 with 132k miles. I recently have had some problems of while driving my radio/lights everything turning off and turning back on (with the "Hello" showing on the radio). I have had a few occurrences too of my whole car turning off after this happens(thankfully at a stop light or stop sign). However, today it happened when going about 5mph into a drive-thru. Thankfully only one in the line and just hit the breaks to stop the car. My easy fix has been putting it park, taking the key out, putting it back in and starting the car again. When taking the key out tho all my items on the speedometer freak out and all lights turn on (engine, gas, etc). Some people are saying it's the transmission, some people are saying it's the ignition. What do you guys think?

Never happened on my 6, but I have a Ford Focus that had sone pretty serious power issues and craziness like you're describing. My headlight would turn on and off while driving, radio powere would go on and off on its own, etc. Turned out to be my main power cables had an issue. I recommend checking your power cable connections and look for any corrosion build up on cables.

My experience with gauges and lights going all crazy is that it happens in some cars when the vehicle has lost all power, sometimes due to a dead battery or other issue. So that initial start after power returns causes all guages to sweep all the way to one side then back and all lights turn on in the instrument panel. In fact, I have a friend with a Toyota Corolla that does this every time he starts his car. Weird, but it happens every time.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back