had to put the Hater-ration away when I saw this in person at the Tulsa Car Show

Piked up a 2017 GT today. IMHO it is soooo much nicer than the 16.5. Test drove the old model last summer and considered pulling the trigger. Ended up postponing because were were also considering doing a European delivery for an X1. Life got busy and we put things the back burner. Then when the 2017 was announced at the LA auto show I got intrigued again. Went a test drove the old and new versions back to back last weekend. The 2017 is so much more refined in every way. Quieter, better dampening of the suspension. While the 16.5 had a lot going for it, it felt too rough. Like an Japanese economy car. the '17 feels much more lie a premium vehicle. I still think the engine is a bit under-powered. But pretty much every car in this class is underpowered. I would have preferred it had another 25 horsepower. But this is the wife's daily not mine and it suits her. Personally I thought the old version was the most attractive car in it's class and then '17 takes that to a whole other level. I think the front fascia is gorgeous.

I agree completely! I don't know why people think the old CX5 looks better (not saying it looks bad), but the new design is much sharper and less cute ute looking. Very refined interior also.

IMG_2009 (1).JPG IMG_2010.JPG

I think the front looks pretty good. Agreed, in person it looks like it would beat the crap out of my old CX-5.

Finally a black one. Looks good. The look has grown on me, no doubt. I still hate the front chrome but there's no doubt it's a nice looking car.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have tried so hard to like the new one. Just can't. The lines just don't work for me. Still a great CUV though.

For me it comes down to the added chrome and lack of swoop.

I like the swoop look (it's unique) and I don't care for chrome. Simple as that.

The new CX-5 is clearly more elegant, but not everybody wants that.

So just differences on what people want out of the CX-5 I guess.

I spent about 6 hours pulling jammed CD's out of my wife's subaru impreza 6-disc CD player. She was upset that I scratched up the CD until I opened Spotify and had the entire soundtrack available within seconds. Add in the ability to connect her phone via bluetooth and she was happy as can be. CD's were nice... about 10 years ago.

And the 2016 has a CD player! #beatingdeadhorse :D

A. My 2017 has one.
B. I used the CD player today. And almost daily this week.
C. There's a lot of good music not on MP3/iTunes yet, but still on CD.
D. My four year old also likes to listen to Roald Dahl stories on CD, especially on long trips.

A. My 2017 has one.
B. I used the CD player today. And almost daily this week.
C. There's a lot of good music not on MP3/iTunes yet, but still on CD.
D. My four year old also likes to listen to Roald Dahl stories on CD, especially on long trips.
I have yet to see a CD that cannot be converted to a digital format. There's some thing to be said for having your entire CD collection in the palm of your hand.

I don't have audiobooks in my paid version of Spotify. This is a fact.
70f30e3adf3719e68a33ecb33bdcac9f.jpg

Oh wait. I found them with Google.
https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX1L0MDB1OhZy
You're right Spotify has...30 audiobooks. 30. Really? That's laughable.
I do thinks it's stupid to only rent music. Well, not stupid...I do understand the value. But, what happens if you lose your job and need to cut expenses quickly? Or any other of the 1,000 reasons you might need to. I will still have my music. I have both because my wife pays for Spotify and I share her account. But I still buy, and support artists.
e87e6c913e439860c69c0e4e00d5f73d.jpg

Last edited:
Back