Notice any leaking from moonroof

:
‘17 CX9 & ‘19 3 GT
I've noticed on two occasions already that whenever I go thru an automatic carwash whenever the spray is on top directly on the moonroof seam (where it opens/closes/tilt) that tiny droplets of water seem to occur. It seems that the weather stripping or the enclosure is not that tight enough and before going thru the carwash I always made sure moonroof was completely shut...I may have to bring my vehicle to my dealer soon to fix the issue.

Have any of you noticed this in your 2016/2017 CX9?

I've noticed on two occasions already that whenever I go thru an automatic carwash whenever the spray is on top directly on the moonroof seam (where it opens/closes/tilt) that tiny droplets of water seem to occur. It seems that the weather stripping or the enclosure is not that tight enough and before going thru the carwash I always made sure moonroof was completely shut...I may have to bring my vehicle to my dealer soon to fix the issue.

Have any of you noticed this in your 2016/2017 CX9?
Not in mine. And I go to car wash at work every week or 2 weeks and every month to high power car wash.

Perhaps you need to check at dealer.

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

I had it all the time in my 2010 CX9, not a big deal. I haven't experience it so far in the 2016. Not sure the dealer will be able to fix the issue: the pressure in those automatic car washes is really high and when aimed directly at the seam, it makes sense that some goes through, as long as it is not a lot and it goes away without creating issues.

I had it all the time in my 2010 CX9, not a big deal. I haven't experience it so far in the 2016. Not sure the dealer will be able to fix the issue: the pressure in those automatic car washes is really high and when aimed directly at the seam, it makes sense that some goes through, as long as it is not a lot and it goes away without creating issues.

Only thing I suspect would be the rubber seals around the edge of the moonroof which appears to be tight in the other side (front side of vehicle) as water doesn't seep thru but the rear not so much so that's where I've been noticing the water going thru - not a big deal right now as I'll get the dealer to look at it on my next service appointment

I have had two vehicles with mis-aligned factory sunroofs. The fix was to un-fasten the 4 bolts and eyeball it as close to center as possible and tighten the bolts. If left out of center for too long it will squash the rubberstripping and carwashes will continue to spray water. If that happens, you would need to replace the rubberstripping, center the glass and good to go. Pretty easy. My older CX-9 had that problem back in the day, when it was only a few years old. It had been mis-aligned for a few years and I had to replace the rubberstripping for a uniform seal. Never had a problem since.

I have had two vehicles with mis-aligned factory sunroofs. The fix was to un-fasten the 4 bolts and eyeball it as close to center as possible and tighten the bolts. If left out of center for too long it will squash the rubberstripping and carwashes will continue to spray water. If that happens, you would need to replace the rubberstripping, center the glass and good to go. Pretty easy. My older CX-9 had that problem back in the day, when it was only a few years old. It had been mis-aligned for a few years and I had to replace the rubberstripping for a uniform seal. Never had a problem since.

Thanks for the reply...is it something easy enough for me to do or better just let the dealer handle it? Anyway it's still new that it's covered under warranty

Back