2016/2017 CX-9 Driver leg room

Benkey

:
2017 Mazda CX-9
Hi All,
I have been following this forum enthusiastically to gather more information about the CX-9 before purchasing one.

I test drove the 2017 CX-9 GT today at a dealership in Atlanta. I loved everything about CX-9 except for one detail.

I noticed when seated in the driver seat, I couldn't keep my knees apart much. The center console was blocking my knees to lean over it.

I am 6' tall and tend to put my car on cruise during highway and stretch my legs.

Because of the very broad center console and very high position of it, my knees were constrained within the center console.

I wanted to reach out to other CX-9 owners, specially the tall ones and share their experience.

Please let me know your thoughts about my concern. This would really help in making my decision.

Thanks.

Benkey

I'm 6ft, and just got the car. I also now notice the center and the side does not have padding to rest the knees :( it rest on the wood which can be uncomfortable I guess but it a small price to pay since I like everything else about the car so far.

Hi All,
I have been following this forum enthusiastically to gather more information about the CX-9 before purchasing one.

I test drove the 2017 CX-9 GT today at a dealership in Atlanta. I loved everything about CX-9 except for one detail.

I noticed when seated in the driver seat, I couldn't keep my knees apart much. The center console was blocking my knees to lean over it.

I am 6' tall and tend to put my car on cruise during highway and stretch my legs.

Because of the very broad center console and very high position of it, my knees were constrained within the center console.

I wanted to reach out to other CX-9 owners, specially the tall ones and share their experience.

Please let me know your thoughts about my concern. This would really help in making my decision.

Thanks.

Benkey

I'm 6'3" and I have plent of room. However, the lack of a tilt feature in the seat causes my siatic never to act up.

I'm 6'0 and no problem with leg comfort. I read the complaint a while ago about knee bumping the center console wood area, but no complaints here. And I'm pretty thin (165lbs) and boney knees....

HI, I am 6 foot guy and was kind of worried about some concerns regarding the front space , another issue was the inability to tilt the seat. as soon as I got it , I lowered the seat to the max setting and for some reason I was very comfortable, no neeed for a tilt button, seems when u lower the seat to the max the angle of the seat changes. have not had an issue with the center console, I fit pretty well although I'm 196 pounds 6'3 guy so perhaps people wighting more will have an issue. the driving position reminds me of a sports car which is one of the main reasons I bought this suv. its a drivers suv believe it or not.

I am 6'2 and on my 3rd CX-9 and never had issues with leg room. That includes several long cross-country road trips. go for it!

I'm 6'4, I test drove the 2017 CX-9 before I purchased it. I'm more comfortable in CX-9 than smaller CX-5.

6'4" also, 36" inseam. When we purchased our '10 CX-9 I too noticed the tight space width wise due to the center section between the two front seats. It's definitely more intrusive than other vehicles but I quickly grew used to it. Our '16 CX-9 seems a little better but I'm already used to it with no issues on longer trips.

Back