For sale 2003 protege5 leather, never in an accident, new contis

I'm selling my exceptionally well maintained, and pretty much my favorite material thing I've ever owned. I've had it for all but the first 30k, and I know almost everything about it. Looking for $3,200 OBO.
The Basics:
Manual Transmission
NEW Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires
Leather interior
Front and Side Airbags
Upgraded Stereo (JVC. When the factory 6-disc in dash started eating my cd's)
27 mpg average
Tinted Windows
Power Sunroof
Polished Alloys
Sport Suspension
Brakes roughly 75% pad life remaining

As for the things that aren't stock. There are only a few. It's got eibach Springs (that lowered it by 0.75") the original Springs come with it, but I was replacing the struts, and said "may as well change the springs too." A JVC head unit. A K&N air filter, and a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires with about 1k on them. (If I'd known I was going to sell her...I would not have put $550 worth of new tires on her.) EVERYTHING in the car works. It's never been in an accident, although it has some minor blemishes (to be expected on a 13 year old car.) The paint is still beautiful as she was garage kept for 9 of the 10 years I've had her. The engine is exceptionally clean, you could almost eat off it. I think you can tell by the photos how good she looks for a daily driver that hasn't been reconditioned.

That said, this car is a wonderful little drive, and while isn't exceptionally powerful, it has EXCELLENT feel. It's certainly the best car I've EVER driven that was under 22k to start with. I would buy one just like it, if they made it with a modern engine.

20170103_161423.jpg
20170103_162402.jpg
20170117_170020.jpg
20170103_161334.jpg
20170103_161248.jpg

Last edited:
You need to post a picture with your username and the current date in the pics, or your thread will get locked like your other one did.

That said, car looks clean, GLWS.

Oh, cool. I'll post one as soon as I get home. Sorry. I'm new to this, and I'm just inexperienced enough with forums that I suck at it. Thanks for the word Ilikebikes!

Lol true. But I figure at this point we can be assured of when it was taken, because of the timeline of when the photo was requested, and when the sign and new pic were submitted? Or do I have to do it again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lol true. But I figure at this point we can be assured of when it was taken, because of the timeline of when the photo was requested, and when the sign and new pic were submitted? Or do I have to do it again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Don't try and use LOGIC! (rofl2)

You could have taken that picture 5 years ago! (nervous)

That is one very clean well taken care of PRO5 if ever I have seen one... (bow)

Thanks, Brother. I've tried really hard to keep it in good shape. I love the car, and would really love to strip the seats out of it, rebuild the engine, or put the mazdaspeed power plant in it. Then race it in SCCA, but I definitely don't have the budget for it. I'd like to see it go to an enthusiast, that could blow some minds (with how clean everything is) at the next meet with minimal effort, who would give her a second life.

Back