Engine trouble

Greenup Shaun

:
01 Mazda protege MP3
Me and my son just did a engine swap on his mp3 after putting it back in it will not take gas and dies when you try. It also has a miss it has new plugs, wires, fuel pump and a host of other parts. Any ides where to start troubleshooting ant help will be great.

Also does any body know what the vacuum switch is for.

Fuel lines not crossed and the short block came from a wrecked Mazda protege. Pulled the plugs to find gas standing on #2 piston and #4 piston i have a black and yellow stripped wire coming from the negative battery cable i would assume this is some sort of ground can some one show me where this goes also.
Fuel pump only runs while the car is being cranked over should in not kick on for a few min when the key is turned to the on position.

Fuel lines not crossed and the short block came from a wrecked Mazda protege. Pulled the plugs to find gas standing on #2 piston and #4 piston i have a black and yellow stripped wire coming from the negative battery cable i would assume this is some sort of ground can some one show me where this goes also.
Fuel pump only runs while the car is being cranked over should in not kick on for a few min when the key is turned to the on position.

There is a three or four legged bracket that mounts on top of the transmission case- that's where that ground goes. If for some reason that bracket is missing, attach it anywhere to the case/engine. That's your main ground. If you don't fix that, you'll cook your ground circuits drawing too much amperage through them.

On when key-on

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Are you positive that the fuel pump engages during cranking? I'd check voltage at the fuel pump connection during key-on and cranking.

i have power to fuel pump will try to hit then it just dies, replaced the crank position sensor also with no luck driving me insane.

Back