So I did something stupid...

Ouch!

Are you married? If so, what did your wife have to say about your 'customization'? Or maybe she didn't say a word and just gave you 'the look'?
Lol! Not married yet, but driving the girlfriend somewhere today so we'll see if she notices.

Sorry for 3 posts in a row, don't know how to multi quote in Tapatalk.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well decided to do this right. Got the car washed and dried, now claying the entire car.. after that will try to pull the dent out and then do a polish and wax.

Edit: As you can see...Definitely needed claying.

4d2a52c8e21dab45e76b3df5cb9e9b8d.jpg

Last edited:
Meh...I think the universe is telling you "Time to trade up!" :D

Commander Knob, Commander Knob!
(eekdance)

Meh...I think the universe is telling you "Time to trade up!" :D

Commander Knob, Commander Knob!
(eekdance)
But I'm almost done with car payments. Waaaaaa!

Yes would love a commander knob though.

Plunger was a fail. Couldn't get anywhere close to enough suction.

Worth a shot. Got a harbor freight around the corner.

Well was able to pop it out but then it just dented right back in...

Maybe if I was able to bang it with a mallet on the other side of the door...

You really would be better going to a body shop.
Agreed, that is why I asked what his deductible was...

Experience is KEY here when doing bodywork, even including PDR work.

I have watched many repairs, and in this instance it appears that it might be necessary to be pulling the doorskin rearwards while attacking the dent from interior. It looks like a professional training type of job to me and not something for the average DIY'er.

Yes and these so called smart repairs can cause more trouble than they are worth. I've had one done once. It cost just as much as the body shop and stood out like a sore thumb.

Yes and these so called smart repairs can cause more trouble than they are worth. I've had one done once. It cost just as much as the body shop and stood out like a sore thumb.
If it cost just as much as the body shop then someone screwed you over from the get go. It's $60 here in the mall parking lot for what he's looking at...will it fix it? Maybe, maybe not, but it's worth the $60 to find out and it will surely help. Better than $600-$1k, which you may end up having to fork out if you want it perfect, but to each his own...

Good luck, OP, most have been there, it sucks...

I used the paintless dent repair option and was absolutely amazed at how well it worked. I somehow got a small dimple sized dent right smack in the middle of my hood. It cost me $70 to have it removed and as hard as I looked, I couldn't find a trace of where it was. As an added bonus, the body shop that I used washed and waxed my car when they were done. I would have spent $100 to have it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back