Blue or Black Calipers?

armymandres

Contributor
:
13' CX-5 Touring
1PTA0qW.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what I have now, with stock brakes, I want to get stoptech rotors, but I'm still on the fence on what to do with the calipers. I could paint or use caliper covers, but what color, black would make the rims standout more, but blue wouldn't look bad either. I'm not good with photoshop. Looking for opinions.

What ever you decide be sure to use G2 caliper paint kit. It is much better then the stuff from VHT or duplicolor as its a two part system that the hardener needs t be added into the paint. I did mine in red on my 2016 meteor grey 2 years ago and it still looks like the day I painted them.

What ever you decide be sure to use G2 caliper paint kit. It is much better then the stuff from VHT or duplicolor as its a two part system that the hardener needs t be added into the paint. I did mine in red on my 2016 meteor grey 2 years ago and it still looks like the day I painted them.

Thanks for the tip!!! I was going to go with a cover, but those worry me haha. I like the paint idea better.

Well The G2 place can match the paint of the car, so I think I will go with blue; Now the fun part is, getting new calipers, rotors and pads, looking at $1,000. Ugh.

I have the same color as you, and I have decided to leave it as is, since my wheels cover them fairly well.
Do you have red, the tail lights, stickers on the window and add some red to that lip, right under the hood and you will have enough red, to go with the red calipers.
attachment.php

20151105_082531.jpg

I'd go with black as the stock brakes aren't anything to look at and I wouldn't want my attention drawn there.

Last edited:
Back