2016 CX-5 - Transmission/Idling Issues?

Just chiming in that I've got a 2016 with about 18k miles that has terrible idle. I'm headed into the shop anyway, so I will have them look at it; but when at a stand still, either at startup or a stop light, I get dips and surges that almost feel like it will stall but it never does. Kind of strange with so few miles. It has been doing this for the past 1.5k miles. While in motion, all is smooth as silk.

Could be a bad sensor sending bad data... http://www.autoserviceprofessional.com/article/92420/The-dreaded-engine-surge?Page=5

Do you have an OBD2 scanner to see if there are any impending codes?

Checking in. 9k miles and idle lately has been a bit rough. It was perfectly smooth when it was new but lately it has been less than perfect. AC makes it worse. Idle is rock solid at 600-650rpm but not silky smooth. Here our CX5s come with start-stop function that I chose to turn off to improve idle quality as traffic here is horrendous. 17 liters per 100kms horrendous. Anyone experienced rough idle and found a fix from the dealer yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should go directly to your dealer and have this looked at - 17l/100 km, either you are thrashing it (I dont think so!) or youve got a blocked injector, bad plugs, or something else is badly wrong. Get it looked at and fixed.

You should go directly to your dealer and have this looked at - 17l/100 km, either you are thrashing it (I dont think so!) or youve got a blocked injector, bad plugs, or something else is badly wrong. Get it looked at and fixed.

Moonlighter, traffic here is awful, think NYC traffic. 1 hour to commute 2.5 miles. That is why fuel consumption is so high but I believe this is also affecting idle quality. Maybe dirty throttle body?

Moonlighter, traffic here is awful, think NYC traffic. 1 hour to commute 2.5 miles. That is why fuel consumption is so high but I believe this is also affecting idle quality. Maybe dirty throttle body?

1 hour to go 2.5 miles? LOL It is Faster to WALK!
How is your gas quality there in Panama? What grade is it? Does it contain ethanol?

1 hour to go 2.5 miles? LOL It is Faster to WALK!
How is your gas quality there in Panama? What grade is it? Does it contain ethanol?

In theory it is faster to walk but at 90F with 94% humidity I prefer to arrive to work dry and smelling fresh. Also, I typically go to the gym after work so it adds a mile to the evening commute LOL. It rains a lot here in Panama so walking is rarely an option.

I use premium fuel, 95 RON no ethanol mix advertised. I believe fuel quality is good. It has to be as it is 25% more expensive than in the US.

Mazda Panama says the engine is performing as expected but for a fairly new car I believe the idle quality is not what it used to be. I'll check the throttle body for soot buildup.

Back