2017 sport heads up display.

MikemSCV

:
2017 Mazda CX 5 Sport White
Hey guys a new sport owner here I have a little yellowish spot on my information screen on the right side. Do you think this could be a problem that will iron itself out later on or should I try to say something now? I guess it's not that big of a problem but if I could get it fixed somehow it would be that much cooler . How do we upload pic from a cell phone here?
nChMDv

https://ibb.co/nChMDv

Last edited:
Might talk to the dealer on that one. Is it really like the HUD equivalent of a stuck pixel on a monitor that shouldn't be there?

Edit: Now that I've seen the pic, that's you're infotainment screen, not your HUD. If I am understanding correctly (and from what I can see), looks like quite a lot of yellow light bleed on the right side. I'd definitely get that looked at. That seems like pretty excessive light bleed to me (and that's how I'd describe it to the dealer, it looks more like lightbleed, as opposed to a spot).

Is it like that on every screen?

Last edited:
That's not the HUD in the pic. It's the infotainment display. I would get it looked at though

You had me all excited for a HUD POV pic.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I can't change the title!!! Sorry about that and yes I'm going to text me sales agent today and figure it out it is like that on every screen yes.

Must be something wrong with my eyes, because I can't see a problem?
Have you tried any screen adjustments?

Trailman on rightmost edge of screen you can see a yellowish hue its faint but there. Get it looked at since if it worsens that screen will be unusable

Looks like what is called "Lightbleed"... that will NOT go away and is not normal. It's normal on some things (low end tablets).

Looks like what is called "Lightbleed"... that will NOT go away and is not normal. It's normal on some things (low end tablets).

Yep, fully agree.

Take it back in to the dealer. It shouldn't look like that.

The light tube (backlight of LCD screen) is going bad.
Have it replaced before warranty expires on your car.

I just had all 4 gun metal wheels on my Mazda6 replaced due to peeling issue.
Mazda does not shy away from warranty issues.

Last edited:
Back