UV Blocking Clear Window Tint?

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD
I'm considering a CX-5 GT with the leather seats but I'm worried about hot summer temperatures. I heard about UV blocking clear film for the front windows (dark tinting front windows is legal in California).

Just wondering if anyone has used the clear UV window tint before. If so, does it require any special care? Any idea on the cost?

Thanks!

Any tint (including factor one) blocks 98%+ UV. No need to add more on top if UV is your only concern.
Darker tint reduces infrared (which causes faster heat-up). i.e. keep cars cooler for the same period of time.

Front windshield is not tinted from factory.
3M does carry special film (very clear) to block UV and it is almost invisible from outside.

Yes. Any tinting of the front windows is a violation in CA. The reason is simple. Factory tint is already at VLT 70%.

I uesed C 70 on mine just to avoid the sunburn that I was getting on the Florida highways, you can't tell that it is there and it works great

I put the 3M Crystalline 90 on my front windshield; 70 on the sunroof, and 30 on the side fronts.

Here:
http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...rystalline-Series?N=5002385+3292716668&rt=rud

You can't tell there's anything on the front. The sunroof has a slight tint. And the sides almost match the 20% on the back sides.

We can tell the difference from before and after.

How much did you end up paying? I'm trying to get an idea of what it would cost to get these done.

hello Avim, we paid approx. $400.00 for the job. give or take a few dollars..

we had it done here.. http://windowtintingvancouverwa.com/ in Vancouver Wash.

sorry no photo of the front windshield with the crystalline 90 but you would not see it as it's clear..

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 202
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I feel the Texas sun from windshield of my CX-5. 17 should be slightly better. Problem with front tint is fade over time. Look out for Groupon for tints and do front. Remember long-term its not safe once it turns yellow due to age.

Back