Need Help Quick! GT Lane Departure Warning

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD
I need a quick answer from the group here. What driver aids come on a 2016.5 Grand Touring here in the US? Blind spot monitoring only? The brochure shows land departure warning as a package option, not standard. I thought it was standard on a GT.

I actually hate all the beeping noises cars make now so I was going to buy a Touring. But I can get a great deal on a GT and I'm wondering who many extra "driver assist" systems come on a base no packages model.

Thanks!!1

Departure warning is the iActive package, NOT standard..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Are you talking a base GT without the following packages? Touring and GT have BSM standard.

https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/pdf/brochures/2016-mazda-cx-5/2016.5_mazda_cx5_brochure.pdf

"Grand Touring Technology Package includes Smart City Brake
Support, LED headlights with auto leveling, Adaptive Front-lighting
System, LED fog lights, LED daytime running lights, LED combination
tail lights and auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink"

"i-ACTIVSENSE Package includes Mazda Radar Cruise Control,with Close Proximity Warning, Distance Recognition Support System, Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning, Lane Departure
Warning System and High Beam Control(requires Technology Package)"

The BSM is standard on GT and Touring too I believe.

Why did you need it quick? Imagined you at dealer thinking about signing. LOL!

I'm working with a broker and I need to decide tonight on going with a GT or Touring. I like the 8-way seats in the GT, but don't want all the bells and whistle which I just find to be annoying. If lane departure was standard on a GT, I would eliminate from consideration.

I'm working with a broker and I need to decide tonight on going with a GT or Touring. I like the 8-way seats in the GT, but don't want all the bells and whistle which I just find to be annoying. If lane departure was standard on a GT, I would eliminate from consideration.
Just get a 2016.5 GT with Tech Package. LED DRLs are much better looking than yellow high-beam DRLs! LED headlights with AFS is great too! No "bell-and-whistle" Lane Departure Warning from i-ActivSense Package.

I believe all those features can be turned off if you don't want to use them.

I believe all those features can be turned off if you don't want to use them.

My understanding is the BSM can be turned off and will stay off when you re-start the car. The other features I think re-set each time back to "on", so you have to turn them off each time you start-up the car. I could be wrong about that. At this point I'm stretching my dollar anyway going with a GT, so I wouldn't be getting the i-activ package anyway.

Is there no way you can do Tech Package? I hate to beat the horse, bit I literally stopped owners of CX5s before I bought and 2 told me the regular lights are just ok... Suggested I go for the LEDs.

Lane departure can be turned off easy enough, there is a button just to the left of the steering wheel to deactivate the system.

Latest posts

Back